Expansion pack and lost families

by AbC1620a9829564

Original Post

Expansion pack and lost families

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I’ve recently downloaded Sims3 Seasons onto steam. But I have lost the families I previously had before the expansion pack! Is there any way I can get them back? 

Message 1 of 3 (359 Views)

Re: Expansion pack and lost families

@AbC1620a9829564 Take a look inside your TS3 game folder in Documents.  In Saves, do you see any folders with your save names?  If not, it sounds like the game folder you've been using might have gone missing, and the game would have spawned a new one when it could find the previous one.  Do you have OneDrive enabled?  The folder might have landed there, along with your saves and the rest of your content.  You can pull any TS3 folder you find there onto your desktop and then disable OneDrive, and then you can swap your current game folder for this one.

If you don't find anything in OneDrive, you can use File Explorer to search for other folders with "The Sims 3" in the title.  Leave anything in Program Files alone—those are the files that run the game, not your user data.  If you find another game folder, like the one you saw in Documents, you can move it into Documents\EA (be sure to move the one that's already in there first).

If your saves are still in the game folder in Documents but you can't load any of them, see if they work any better in a clean folder.  Move the entire TS3 folder onto your desktop and launch the game, and a new one will spawn.  You can then copy your Saves folder into this new game folder, and hopefully your households will be available to load again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (341 Views)

Re: Expansion pack and lost families

★★★ Newbie

Thanks puzzleaddict! I’ll give that a go in the morning! Standard smile

Message 3 of 3 (334 Views)