Re: Expansion content not showing up in game

by Lil_Jezzi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Expansion content not showing up in game

★★ Novice
I bought an expansion yesterday and downloaded it no problems
However when I open the game and go to create a sim none of the new content is there for me to use
I have been on chat 4 times all ready and have not had this issue solved
I have deleted reinstalled cleared my cache updated drivers and all these so called solutions have done nothing
Has anyone else had this issue and managed to fix it ?
Message 1 of 15 (29,332 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

@Lil_Jezzi

Okay, so it seems like you find all the normal CAS adult items. Sometimes the things can just be hard to find. I'll show you where I find them in my game, and then you can check and maybe find them in yours?

First, the three first items are for a child. If you make a little girl and sort so that you can only see things from the vampire pack, do they show up? (the dress is in the full body category)

Skärmklipp3.PNG

Then we have the vampire look thingy's. First you need to create a vampire.

Skärmklipp2.PNG

Then we can look for these new looks under Face. Here's the difference between a non-vampire sim and a vampire sim.

Skärmklipp1.PNGSkärmklipp.PNG

You can also add a dark form to the vampire to make one "normal" look and then another one.

Skärmklipp2.PNG

Then in build mode, you can filter the game to only show things from the vampires pack. It's easier to see them if you go to Objects by Function, and then Show all.

Skärmklipp.PNG  Skärmklipp1.PNG

These are the first two rows that show up for me, what items are you missing?

Skärmklipp2.PNG

View in thread

Message 9 of 15 (29,210 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@Lil_Jezzi

Which Sims game are you talking about, and on what platform?

Have you tried repairing the game in Origin? Open your Origin client and go to My Game Library, right-click The Sims 3/4 and choose Repair.

Originrepairgame.PNG

Message 2 of 15 (29,293 Views)

★★ Novice
Hey I’m using sims 4 and the vampires dlc won’t load any content in game so none of the build items
I have done a repair and that made no difference I’ve been on ea support 4 times now and none of them have helped me solve my problem
Message 3 of 15 (29,281 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Lil_Jezzi

Can you double check that it's listed as installed under Extra content

Skärmklipp.PNG

And also that the Vampires Icon is lit up on the start screen on the game.

Are you using any mods or cc in your game? Try to remove them and see if the game works better.
For example, move the mods folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to your Desktop and start the game. Also delete the localthumpnail.package from the The Sims 4 folder.

Message 4 of 15 (29,264 Views)

★★ Novice
Yeah it’s all downloaded and says it’s installed and the icon shows up on the home page but when I go to create a sim I don’t have any of the facial features or teeth
A couple of the hairstyles and clothes have shown up but looking at the what’s included part of the dlc I’m missing a lot of it
Message 5 of 15 (29,224 Views)

★★ Novice
Could it be due to windows 10 at all ??
Message 6 of 15 (29,222 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Lil_Jezzi

Wait okay so some of the things show up?
Could you maybe take a screenshot of your CAS of the things that are missing?
My game is on Windows 10, should not make a difference.

Message 7 of 15 (29,217 Views)

★★ Novice
Missing all the items crossed out in red
And that’s without entering gas to see what build items I have for the houses
Message 8 of 15 (29,149 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Lil_Jezzi

Okay, so it seems like you find all the normal CAS adult items. Sometimes the things can just be hard to find. I'll show you where I find them in my game, and then you can check and maybe find them in yours?

First, the three first items are for a child. If you make a little girl and sort so that you can only see things from the vampire pack, do they show up? (the dress is in the full body category)

Skärmklipp3.PNG

Then we have the vampire look thingy's. First you need to create a vampire.

Skärmklipp2.PNG

Then we can look for these new looks under Face. Here's the difference between a non-vampire sim and a vampire sim.

Skärmklipp1.PNGSkärmklipp.PNG

You can also add a dark form to the vampire to make one "normal" look and then another one.

Skärmklipp2.PNG

Then in build mode, you can filter the game to only show things from the vampires pack. It's easier to see them if you go to Objects by Function, and then Show all.

Skärmklipp.PNG  Skärmklipp1.PNG

These are the first two rows that show up for me, what items are you missing?

Skärmklipp2.PNG

Message 9 of 15 (29,211 Views)

★★ Novice
Yes thank you I didn’t think to click the add sim to be able to create a vampire
I assumed you would just be able to select human or vampire when you press play the sims 3 was much easier in this sense

Thank you for your help it all seems to be here
Message 10 of 15 (29,132 Views)