Expansion Packs

by idougup10

Original Post

Expansion Packs

★ Novice

When I open The Sims 3 software, the expansion packs I have with that game sometimes don't get recognized and don't appear in the game launcher.  This will happen after I entered and played a game, and then quit and exit the game, at which point I'll notice content downloading to OneDrive.  After everything gets completely downloaded to OneDrive, then I'll get a message saying that expansion packs have been recognized when opening up the Launcher, at which point I'll click on the 'Expansions and Stuff' tab and check those expansion packs again.  Would anyone have an answer to why this happens?  I'm playing The Sims 3 on a Lenovo Yoga Laptop Computer, which is equipped with a Nvidia GeForce video card.

Message 1 of 2 (283 Views)

Re: Expansion Packs

@idougup10  OneDrive just tends to mess up user data, and really for no benefit.  So in this case, it's probably easiest to either disable OneDrive entirely or at least prevent it from automatically syncing the contents of Documents.  You can always manually sync your data.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/choose-which-onedrive-folders-to-sync-to-your-computer-98...

If disabling the syncing of Documents alone doesn't help, try disabling all syncing, at least long enough to test.

By the way, clearing Internet Explorer's cache also resets the pack selector, as in, all your packs will be unchecked.  This is a good move if your packs are unchecking themselves, and it might help here if the data about your installed packs is getting garbled.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (258 Views)