Re: Expansion Packs do not show up in launcher

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Expansion Packs do not show up in launcher

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I'm also having a similar issue. I redownloaded Origin and Sims 3 last week onto a new computer, and the installation and first gameplay session went well, pre-existing in-game bugs aside. Now, every second or third time I open the Sims 3 launcher in Origin, it tells me there are no packs detected. Closing and reopening the launcher will fix it, but require me to reselect all 13 packs before playing. Definitely a nuisance.

Message 1 of 2 (171 Views)

Re: Expansion Packs do not show up in launcher

@cerrita_qao  I split your comment into its own thread because the previous thread dealt with a different issue: packs potentially being removed from a player's account.  It sounds like your packs are all still on your Origin account and that the problem is the launcher.

This issue has plagued 1.69 installs for years and is one reason many of us (myself included) have bought the game through and play via Steam instead of Origin.  There's not a whole lot you can do about it.  But you might try denying "write" permission for the LoadOption.ini file in your game folder.  This used to prevent packs from unchecking themselves when you weren't looking; perhaps it can help you as well.  (Of course, make sure the packs you want are all checked first.)  If something goes wrong, you can trash the file, and a new one will spawn the next time you launch the game.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (160 Views)