Expansion Packs Installing When I Don't Want Them To

by tri0ceros

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Expansion Packs Installing When I Don't Want Them To

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi!

I'm using a friend's account to try Sims out on my laptop - it's specs are not amazing or terrible, and wanted to trial it before I bought it myself. However, she has ALL the expansion packs, and I know full well my laptop doesn't have the storage for that, and right now my harddrive is packed away because I'm moving house. So, I selected a few expansions to install, which would leave my laptop with plenty of space. But then, Origin just downloads all of the packs anyway, or demands an update which then tries to install the remaining content, which I cannot do because my laptop doesn't have the space. It's driving me insane, because you can't just uninstall one pack, you have to remove the whole game. I've had to do this about 3 times thus far, and this time it seemed to work. But now there's an "update" and I'm getting an error because I don't have enough space for City Living, which I DIDN'T WANT INSTALLED. Origin is such a * platform and it's doing my head in, is there any way to just install a few packs without pulling my hair out over it?

Message 1 of 3 (1,219 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Expansion Packs Installing When I Don't Want Them To

Community Manager (retired)

Sul sul, @tri0ceros.

After a fresh install of the Sims 4, are you able to see the DLC in the download queue? From there, if any do show there, you will be able to cancel all of the pending downloads in the queue. It won't re-activate them unless you prompt to download it.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,203 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Sul sul, @tri0ceros.

After a fresh install of the Sims 4, are you able to see the DLC in the download queue? From there, if any do show there, you will be able to cancel all of the pending downloads in the queue. It won't re-activate them unless you prompt to download it.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 2 of 3 (1,204 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@tri0cerosHi, if you can list your laptop specs we will be able to tell you what will work best with your system.
hit windows key "R" and than type dxdiag, hit save to location of your choice, now attach the file to your post.

Message 3 of 3 (1,197 Views)