Re: Expansion Pack Missing and "Unowned"

by avela0778

Original Post

Expansion Pack Missing and "Unowned"

★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Sims 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims 4 Cats and Dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Don't know, just trying to launch the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? When i launch the Sims 4, my expansion pack does not show up in the game. It also says that it is unowned when i go to the Origin store.
What do you expect to see? I open The Sims 4 and my expansion packs are present and functioning.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I would really love to be able to use my expansion pack again which I purchased almost a year ago. I was able to 'repair' the game one time, about a week ago, and play normally with the expansion pack, but since then I've tried again and it no longer works to resolve the issue. The game is up to date as well. The sims and buildings I've built using this pack are also missing from gameplay. 

Message 1 of 6 (5,610 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@currajordyn 

Do you have another Origin/EA account that you may have the expansion on?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 6 (5,577 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No, I had another account a long time ago but no longer have the login info for the email connected to it. The account in question is the only one I’ve used for the last 2 years, and the only one I’ve bought expansion packs on. I was able to play the expansion on this account a week ago after repairing the game, but that was the only time that solution worked.

Message 3 of 6 (5,549 Views)

★ Apprentice

It’s July 2021, haven’t played since beginning of year, and now all my expansion packs are showing as unowned. Please fix this. I’ve been playing sims 4 since the game released.

Message 4 of 6 (4,804 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am having this issue too and I own everything except the vaccum and loft kits.

Message 5 of 6 (4,561 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

I restarted my computer and it finally opened and had all my packs.

Message 6 of 6 (4,550 Views)