Re: Exception Breakpoint error and constant crashes

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Exception Breakpoint error and constant crashes

★★★ Newbie

Hi there. I get an exception breakpoint notification and crash whenever I try to enter the sims world. So I can load the game, load the save, but when I try to enter and play as the family it dies. I deleted my saves and tried restarting but same issue, crash after exiting CAS. This is totally new. I have not added any major mods in between this happening and not happening. What's going on?

Message 1 of 5 (629 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@TinuvielStark Is your computer a pc or mac? Have you tried starting the game with out mods? Have you tried to repair the game?

Message 2 of 5 (606 Views)

@TinuvielStark  Please move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just see whether you get the same error.  If you do, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

@roberta591  A breakpoint error is a Windows error.  It doesn't exist in macOS.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 5 (589 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@puzzlezaddict Breakpoints can and are used in macOS usually when devs are debugging code and other reasons and these breakpoints can and sometimes are forgotten and released in final product.

Message 4 of 5 (575 Views)

@roberta591  But users don't see the breakpoint error unless they read the crash log, which doesn't show on-screen unless you manually pull up the report, or go digging through the console.  A user will on-screen notifications of breakpoint errors are only an end-user event in Windows, not macOS.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (556 Views)