Evolve Option on Plants is Gone

by dramadr

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Evolve Option on Plants is Gone

★★★ Novice

I haven't played the game in over a month.  I recently was able to play and I have noticed I no longer have the option to evolve my plants. 

In the past, the option to evolve was listed but greyed out when I clicked on a plant, now the option is gone completely?  How will I evolve my plants to perfect?  My sims are at level 10 for the gardening skill.

Help!!

Message 1 of 7 (10,654 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Evolve Option on Plants is Gone

★★★ Novice

I have figured out the problem, and it appears to be a glitch with the game.

The issue appears to stem from the fact that I recently moved my sims to a new house.  It seems that when you bring the plants with you, they all get stuck at the level they were at when they were moved.  The majority of my plants were at the 'perfect' stage which wasn't an issue for me; however any plants at lower stages will never be able to evolve up from the level they were at when they were moved.

I had to get rid of the trees and plant new ones.  Once I did that, they started evolving again.

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (11,414 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Are you using any mods in your game ? If so, remove them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (10,648 Views)

★★★ Novice

No mods.  Playing only the base game and any additional packs downloaded through Origin.

Message 3 of 7 (10,638 Views)

Hero

I'm unsure but it might only show up when you actualy can evolve the plant. Are you sure it used to be grey ?

I would just play a bit to see if it shows up.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (10,633 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am pretty sure it would only be greyed out.  At least it used to.  The same way that the harvest option is greyed out when there is nothing to harvest.  The option is still there, just unavailable.

I am sure that the evolve option was the same.

Message 5 of 7 (10,628 Views)

Hero

Carl's guide also says that it's only there when the plant is ready to be evolved: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/skills/gardening/

Have you tried playing on to see if it shows up ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (10,625 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have figured out the problem, and it appears to be a glitch with the game.

The issue appears to stem from the fact that I recently moved my sims to a new house.  It seems that when you bring the plants with you, they all get stuck at the level they were at when they were moved.  The majority of my plants were at the 'perfect' stage which wasn't an issue for me; however any plants at lower stages will never be able to evolve up from the level they were at when they were moved.

I had to get rid of the trees and plant new ones.  Once I did that, they started evolving again.

Message 7 of 7 (11,415 Views)