Everytime I click on the play button in the Sims 3 launcher, I get a black screen with a loading cursor.

by TierraCupcake

Original Post

Everytime I click on the play button in the Sims 3 launcher, I get a black screen with a loading cursor.

★★★ Novice

Everytime I click on the play button in the Sims 3 launcher it goes to a black screen with a loading cursor,acting like its going to load but it doesn't. The screen will just stay like that. I've tried to start the game from Origin but the same problem. I only have the base game installed along with Late Night, Generations, and Showtime installed in the way they were released. I have a lot of Custom Content but I'm sure that isn't the problem because this is the  first time this has ever happened to me. The problem started right after the sound on my computer stopped working and I updated the driver software for it.

Message 1 of 4 (1,150 Views)

Re: Everytime I click on the play button in the Sims 3 launcher, I get a black screen with a loading cursor.

Hero

Try the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714/

If that doesn't help

• Did you patch to 1.55 yesterday ?
  • What's your operating system ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (1,134 Views)

Re: Everytime I click on the play button in the Sims 3 launcher, I get a black s

★★★ Newbie

Will this delete all of my games and downloaded stuff?

Message 3 of 4 (234 Views)

Re: Everytime I click on the play button in the Sims 3 launcher, I get a black s

Hero (Retired)

@chelseathepug no, your content will not be deleted if you follow the steps correctly. If you backup them up, they will not be deleted. 

Follow the steps in the thread linked by Crinrict above

Message 4 of 4 (213 Views)