Re: Everything lost?!

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Everything lost?!

★★★ Newbie

Daughter logged in and found the game was treating her like a new player. She can't see any of our purchases or any work she's done. 

Help, please! 

Message 1 of 6 (262 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@MysticMommy421   How did daughter log in? Each user has their own user  files. So if she was playing the game under someone else's login and now uses her own login it will look like a new game.

Message 2 of 6 (234 Views)

★★★ Newbie

She's the only one that plays. There are no other accounts/logins. 

Message 3 of 6 (223 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@MysticMommy421 Did she log into OneDrive?

Message 4 of 6 (210 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@roberta591 No. Should she? I didn't know they were connected.
Message 5 of 6 (182 Views)

@MysticMommy421  If you're not already using OneDrive on this computer, please don't activate it now.  OneDrive does more harm than good, including sometimes uploading files to cloud storage and removing them from the computer itself in the process.  That's why you were asked about it: OneDrive is the first place to look when Sims 4 saves and other user data disappear.

Anyway, please search the computer for any missing saves.  Open a File Explorer window, click This PC in the left panel, and enter Slot_ in the search field in the upper-right corner.  (Depending on the permissions you've set, you may need to do this from the Windows account your daughter uses while playing rather than a separate account.)  If you see any saves, click on one and then click the "Open file location" menu button.  You'll jump to wherever that save is located, which will hopefully also be where the other saves are located.

Once you find the saves, move them back to Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > saves.  If you find a Tray folder in the same location as the saves, you can move its contents to Tray inside this same Sims 4 folder; this should restore any missing saved households or lots.

If this doesn't help, please load the game and check which folder it's reading.  Here's how:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/07/how-to-find-your-user-folder/

Please list the full file path you see there.  You can write "username" instead of the actual username if you prefer, but leave the rest of the file path intact, and let me know if the username is incorrect—it should be the same one you use to login to Windows.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 6 (162 Views)