Re: Everything got messed up after I downloaded Cats & Dogs?

by lawhow96

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Everything got messed up after I downloaded Cats & Dogs?

★★★ Newbie

My game was working fine this morning, but after I downloaded the Cats & Dogs expansion pack for Sims 4, it all got messed up. Half of the icons for extra content just show up as that llama icon, I can't preview any additional packs- including ones I've bought, multiple different textures and things in create-a-sim won't load properly, create-a-sim prevents me from editing relationships or custom gender things, and I honestly haven't been able to get far enough to see what other effects it had on the game. Also, one skin color just refuses to show up and appears as Vantablack black. I've tried restarting the game and laptop but nothing has worked yet. Does anyone know how to fix this or experience the same issue?

Message 1 of 5 (348 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Guide

@lawhow96 have you tried to repair the game?

-lilgreen

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (391 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

@lawhow96 have you tried to repair the game?

-lilgreen

Message 2 of 5 (392 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@lawhow96

This is a known Mod/CC. Issue. Remove all Mods and CC. Then add it back a little at a time while testing the game until you have found all Mods/CC that are broken and needs updating

Mods and CC frequently needs updating as the game is updated.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 5 (321 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the suggestion, but I actually don't have any mods or CC.

Message 4 of 5 (309 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Had to do it twice but it worked! Thank you!

Message 5 of 5 (308 Views)