Re: Everything got deleted in my Sims 3 folder?

by roberta591

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Everything got deleted in my Sims 3 folder?

★★★★★ Novice

So long story short I accidentally deleted my Sims 3 Folder. I uninstalled the game completely and there was still nothing in the folder. When I try to play the sims 3 it just says "Sorry an Error Occurred during startup" Or something like that. I just wanna play the Sims 3 can someone help?

Message 1 of 9 (2,377 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Guide

There are 3 different things you could try:

1) Try (if you have windows) the "Restore your computer to an earlier time"

The system restore option is in the control panel, then usually in the system and security section, then click on "Restore your computer to a earlier time".

it should then bring up a selections of dates you can go back to. Pick the date right before you did the deletes. 

2) If you have a backup of your computer and files there is also a "Backup and Restore" option (in windows). That is also in the control panel under system and security section, then click on "Restore files from backup". You should be able to locate the files you deleted and restore them.

3) Some security software (like Norton) also has a backup option. So if you did a backup of your computer/files on your security suite you could go into that and restore your files that way.

If none of those work you might have to just re-install your game(s) again. But try the Restore options first and hopefully that will work so you do not loose your game progress.

View in thread

Message 7 of 9 (2,469 Views)

All Replies

Hi @SimmerLovingJewl,

Have you checked if the folder is on the Recycle Bin? If it is, you can restore it to its location Wink

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 2 of 9 (2,356 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes. I checked in there and the files got deleted auto after a few days (Since I didn't know I deleted it all) and all I have is some empty folders.

Message 3 of 9 (2,348 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@SimmerLovingJewl  As the status of the game is unknown at this time I recommend a complete uninstall and then install. Uninstall the game via the control panel wizard. THEN use a registry cleaner like ccleaner (there is a free version) and clean the registry. Now install the game. If the game still does not work you may have deleted some system files that are needed for the game to run.

Message 4 of 9 (2,343 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I tried that and it's still not working.

Message 5 of 9 (2,328 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)

@SimmerLovingJewl  Is it possible you deleted something other then game files?

Message 6 of 9 (2,311 Views)

★ Guide

There are 3 different things you could try:

1) Try (if you have windows) the "Restore your computer to an earlier time"

The system restore option is in the control panel, then usually in the system and security section, then click on "Restore your computer to a earlier time".

it should then bring up a selections of dates you can go back to. Pick the date right before you did the deletes. 

2) If you have a backup of your computer and files there is also a "Backup and Restore" option (in windows). That is also in the control panel under system and security section, then click on "Restore files from backup". You should be able to locate the files you deleted and restore them.

3) Some security software (like Norton) also has a backup option. So if you did a backup of your computer/files on your security suite you could go into that and restore your files that way.

If none of those work you might have to just re-install your game(s) again. But try the Restore options first and hopefully that will work so you do not loose your game progress.

Message 7 of 9 (2,470 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I just reset my computer completely, now its working

Message 8 of 9 (2,289 Views)

★ Guide

Glad to hear it worked. Happy Sim'in :eahigh_file:

Message 9 of 9 (2,281 Views)