Every update prompts my game to repair!

by JesseJay1990

Original Post

Every update prompts my game to repair!

★★ Novice

I just did the latest update and after it was done the game would not turn on. I was forced to close the launcher through task manager and then tried to turn the game on. The launcher opened and went to repair every single game which takes forever. And it did this the last update as well. Months and months ago after every update I was forced to delete and then reinstall Origin and now I'm having this issue. I now dread updating The Sims 4. Why does this consistently happen?

Message 1 of 3 (178 Views)

Re: Every update prompts my game to repair!

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@JesseJay1990

Months of playing can cause of lot small errors in your game folder. You are repairing the game installation files in the Program Files folder but what about your current game files in the Documents?
It also needs cleaning sometimes.
I will tell you how I deal with errors after the patch

1. Try delete from the game folder all cache folders what have word "cache " in the name.
2. After each patch mandatory delete localthumbcache.package file. This file keeps saved small error of the game.
Do it regularly after every path, before switching on the game and you will not have such problems.
3. Try not to save the game option: "save and quit " every time, but sometimes the option: "save as ...." In this way, you will not be overwriting the same safe every time.
Unfortunately, sometimes you have to reinstall Origin. But you need a special program for it what will clean all traces of Origin from your computer.
Revo - free version
https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo-uninstaller-free-download/

Of course, if you have any mods or CC in the game better after the patch move the mods folder to your desktop. And first, check what mod or CC suddenly stopped working and will break your game.
I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 3 (166 Views)

Re: Every update prompts my game to repair!

★★ Novice

Thank-you so much for the information! I will go through your steps Standard smile

Message 3 of 3 (147 Views)