Re: Every time I buy a new item, I have to uninstall Origin/Sims4

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Every time I buy a new item, I have to uninstall Origin/Sims4

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Is this happening to anyone else? Every time I download a new pack, kit, expansion, etc. I have to spend several days re-installing my Origin and my entire Sims 4 directory. This time it took 4 times of uninstalling and re-installing everything and a Bios update to work. 

Today, I have:

• Uninstalled and reinstalled Sims 4 four times
  • Uninstalled Origin 3 times
  • Run CCleaner 4 times
  • Repaired the game 4 times
  • Sims 4 Factory Reset three times
  • Turned off Origin In Game
  • Turned off Start Origin at start of Windows
  • Tried windowed mode

Read and completed the helpful guides that have been found here and on Carl's site. It's not like I am running an old computer so I shouldn't have to be running the Legacy version. Included an image that shows my PC specs. I don't think that it's that, but I have made sure that all my drivers are updated and all that stuff too. Am I the only one that has to re-install the Sims like this EVERY time? I am getting pretty frustrated. 

Any idea what is going on? This didn't start happening until I think after Eco Lifestyle. After that, I have to reinstall the whole system every time several times since then. It gets progressively harder to reinstall each time. 

Message 1 of 5 (322 Views)
Highlighted

@KHowler  This is not at all normal behavior.  When you say you have to uninstall and reinstall, what leads to this, as in, do the game files get removed, or does the game not work until you've reinstalled?  Is McAfee installed on your computer, or another antivirus?  I know many Dell systems come with McAfee pre-installed, and it's been blocking Sims 4 for months now.

For good measure, please also run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (297 Views)

★★ Novice

No, I uninstalled that McAfee BS when I got the system. I use Norton 360 and yes; I made sure the game had exceptions. 

No, what I mean is that the game will "say" it's running/playing, but nothing ever happens. It just never loads into the game. It's not that the files are missing. I always start out with repairing and simple stuff, like clearing Origin's Cache, but every time, I end up having to uninstall it several times including Origin.

According to the dxdiag I don't have any issues. However, I did recently update my bios I think something is wrong with it. I can play the game now, but now when my system goes idle I sometimes have to CTRL ALT DEL out of my screen saver. *sigh* 

Message 3 of 5 (287 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Also, I noticed I had a couple of last exceptions from when I loaded the game for the first time. I only have build and clothes cc in my game right now. I was having an issue with menu prompts showing the right color so I took out all my "mods". Weird thing is, I don't have a T:\....

<type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2021-06-08 16:37:27</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.75.125.1030-1.200.000.507.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>interaction.py:1971</categoryid><desyncid>ac5391be7d5ac52760bfd456</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>[manus] Exception in &lt;class 'sims4.tuning.instances.sportsArena_Graduation_Ceremony'&gt;._tuning_loaded_callback. (AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'factory')&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10;&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 179, in wrapper&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 154, in c_api_server_init_tick&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\core_services.py", line 164, in start_service_tick&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\service_manager.py", line 331, in start_single_service&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\instance_manager.py", line 157, in update_incremental_start&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\instance_manager.py", line 216, in _execute_gen&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\tuning\instance_manager.py", line 603, in invoke_registered_callbacks_gen&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\super_interaction.py", line 1994, in _tuning_loaded_callback&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\interaction.py", line 1971, in _tuning_loaded_callback&#13;&#10;AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'factory'rtim=0&#13;&#10;Client Session Time: 59.74&#13; &#10;Num Save Errors: 0&#13; &#10;Num Load Errors: 0&#13; &#10;Current Game State: 0x96d01090&#13; &#10;Origin Version: 10,5,100,48178&#13; &#10;Modded: True&#13; &#10;SystemInfo: Windows 10 10.0.19041 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER nvldumdx.dll 27.21.14.6192, GUID: D7B71E3E-5C46-11CF-A86B-58E71BC2D635&#13; &#10;</desyncdata>

Message 4 of 5 (284 Views)

@KHowler  The lastexception is mod-related, although I can't tell you which mod.  Is it possible the file was from before you removed your mods?  And the T:\ part is normal for those files.  I don't know why they're formatted like that, but it's not indicative of a problem.

Your dxdiag lists a number of crashes of a component of the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver.  You already have the newest one offered by Dell for your computer, but you can try uninstalling it through the Device Manager and reinstalling that version.  You can get the driver here:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/xps-8930-desktop/drivers

When uninstalling, take your computer offline first so that Windows doesn't download what it thinks is the appropriate driver before you have a chance to install this one manually.  Restart after installing.

If that doesn't help with the Sims 4 issue, which it may not, you can try the troubleshooting steps in this article:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/crin-error/game-already-running/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (268 Views)