Re: Every sims are aging up when loading a lot

by crinrict

Original Post

★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:

Hi @Melodieredpanda

I'm moving your post to the tech section as I believe this is related to remove custom age settings.

I received your file but didn't have time to look into it yet.

Okay, no problem. Thank you for what you're doing!

Message 11 of 15 (606 Views)

Hero

Hi @Melodieredpanda

I've done a few test with your settings file including setting all ages to 1000 days and trying backups .. all with the same result. They age up when you load the household.

Really don't know what's going on. Maybe it's something that has to do with the random days that get added (current bug) or with the MCCC age settings .. it's hard to pinpoint.

Only option I found, is manually setting all Sims back to the age group they were in (with MCCC) but that's a lot of work but you could at least do it for your active ones.

Frown

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 15 (595 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:

Hi @Melodieredpanda

I've done a few test with your settings file including setting all ages to 1000 days and trying backups .. all with the same result. They age up when you load the household.

Really don't know what's going on. Maybe it's something that has to do with the random days that get added (current bug) or with the MCCC age settings .. it's hard to pinpoint.

Only option I found, is manually setting all Sims back to the age group they were in (with MCCC) but that's a lot of work but you could at least do it for your active ones.

Frown

Thank you for trying. I think i'll just change the age group for the sims i want as you suggested or maybe just play it as it is. At least i know it's the save and not my game who has a problem.

Thanks again and have a nice evening/day Standard smile

Message 13 of 15 (589 Views)

Hero
You're welcome.

Wished I could have found a better way.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 15 (584 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm having the same issue. I loaded up an older save (finally wanted to continue it) and I see all my Sims either aging up today or much older than they should be.

I also use custom age settings through MCCC. I first opened the game with the exact save custom age settings I had when I played the game before (last played on 06 september 2018). The issue still exists when removing all mods and all Sims in this save are affected by it, not just my played household. In this save it seems as though the game calculates days left as if age settings were set to normal (more or less) - so my young adults are overdue, but the child that just aged up still has 11 days left. My toddler who has been a toddler for about 6 days, has two days left, so that almost corresponds to the normal age length of 7 days. I'll check to see what happens if I set aging to long, but I suppose it won't make much difference ETA: It doesn't make any difference.

I also tried a different save where I use the same age settings and ran into the same problem (I played that one last on 10 november 2018). However, in this save, the ages don't seem to correspond to what they might have been if aging had been set to normal. But, minor difference is, in save 1, I play with 7 day seasons, in save 2 with 14 day seasons.

It could of course all be irrelevant.

I do have another older save where I did use MCCC, but haven't tweaked the aging settings, so I'll probably check that one too, see if it's affected or not.

ETA: I checked, this save (last played 12 november 2018) is unaffected when loading it up without any mods as well as with MCCC in the original settings. However when I load it up my Sim has the same amount of days left before aging up - which does make him a lot older. Now I've never transposed MCCC settings like this before, so I don't know if this is what normally happens, what I expect is the same thing that happens when you change your lifespan from normal to long, which is supposed to leave the age bar at approximately the same point, and recalculate according to the different aging settings. As I said, this may be normal behaviour for adding MCCC's custom age settings to an existing game.

ETA2: When I load the same save without mods and set aging to long, it does as it should and leaves the age bar as is and recalculates.

ETA3: I've tried adding my custom age settings to a completely new save, and contrary to what it did to the existing save, it does not take days left as starting point to set age, but it takes days lived (my Sim went from 22/24 left to 86/88 left, instead of 9/24 left to 9/88 left in the other save). These are all the tests I can think of right now, but it does show a difference between old and new saves.

My new(er) saves aren't affected, but, those are either fresh saves or saves with aging off, so it's hard to compare them.

I can send in my saves if needed.

Message 15 of 15 (500 Views)