Re: Every Update Disables Mods/Gallery?

by unseenlarks

Original Post

Re: My mods in my sims 4 game wont stay enabled

★★★ Newbie
@jpkarlsen This worked thank you so much!
Message 451 of 924 (488 Views)

Mods and Custom Content not being Enabled

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them, except Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Launch the game, enable mods and custom content, restart the game
What happens when the bug occurs? My mods and custom content are not being enabled
What do you expect to see? Mods and custom content to be enabled after I enable them and relaunch my game
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest patch, 21st January 2021

I updated to the latest version of the game (21st January 2021) which disabled my mods. I launched the game, re-enabled mods and custom content, restarted the game, and the mods and custom content were not enabled as they should have been

Message 452 of 924 (478 Views)

Re: Mods and Custom Content not being Enabled

Hero
@Nininora I merged your post with the master thread on this.

Please see first post for suggestions.

Are you using avg/avast ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 453 of 924 (473 Views)

Re: sims Gallery issues

★★★ Novice
  • Me too this just happened after the ghost pre patch  21  jan 21 on my sons laptop due to his anti virus  blocking mods and turning off sims
Message 454 of 924 (452 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict I use AVG, but I've never had any problems with it before.

The game boots up fine, and I can play a saved game, literally the only issue is mods and custom content won't stay enabled since the latest patch update
Message 455 of 924 (431 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Nininora quick update, I have added the exceptions to my antivirus, which seems to have done the trick. Still annoying though
Message 456 of 924 (429 Views)

Every Update Disables Mods/Gallery?

★★★ Newbie

After every update my mods won’t re-enable and the gallery objects won’t show up. I have to restart my game every single time (as in create a back up and re-upload all of my saves). It’s so annoying. Some of my saves break every time and I lose a bunch of content. Is there anything I can do to fix this? 

Message 457 of 924 (451 Views)

Re: Every Update Disables Mods/Gallery?

★★ Expert

hi @rayya122--are you using an antivirus? if so, that could be the issue. see this post for things you can try: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Anti-Virus-blocking-User-Folder-Screensh...

Message 458 of 924 (429 Views)

TS4 updated now I can't turn mods back on

★★ Novice

Trying to get some help for TS4. Forum wouldn't let me post in it's proper forum.

TS4 just updated and I can't switch my mods back on. I have tried deleting my Options.ini file to reset everything, yet the game stays stuck in this loop of "The game has updated mods turned off". 

Any idea of what to do is appreciated

PC player

Message 459 of 924 (404 Views)

i cant turn my custom content back on after an update

★★★ Newbie

I know when the game updates your cc wont load so you have to turn it on in settings. I've done this numerous times and the game won't recognize it. I've tired restarting  my pc and i logged out and back into origin. Idk what to do, plz help 

Message 460 of 924 (412 Views)