Re: Every Sims 3 Launcher Download GONE!

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Every Sims 3 Launcher Download GONE!

★★★★★ Novice

My mods load perfectly fine, but my GB upon GB of launcher downloads are no longer in my game! My available disk space on my C: drive is about 99GB. My ram is 16GB, and I still have the DBC and EBC files. In the launcher, it always shows as installed. Everything is still installed, but my $100s of Store Downloads have completely vanished and I'm very stressed. Removing my game folder does nothing. Moving back all my folders does nothing. I have 13 packs other than the base game. I don't feel like completely reinstalling, and I doubt it would help. For now, I think I'll stick to The Sims Complete Collection while people try to figure out a solution.

Message 1 of 2 (331 Views)

Re: Every Sims 3 Launcher Download GONE!

@whiteglovian  Do you have OneDrive enabled, and is it set to automatically sync the contents of Documents with cloud storage?  If so, your user data could have been moved to OneDrive, where you'd still find the .ebc files, but of course the game can't read them there.  It would be unusual for some content (like mods) to still work while other content is gone, but it's still worth checking.

If this isn't the issue, please move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, open the launcher to create a clean folder, and quit.  Then copy the file labeled dcdb0.ebc from DCCache in the old folder into DCCache in the new folder.  Copy ccmerged.package, in DCBackup, over as well.  Load a new save and see whether at least some store stuff shows up.  If it does, add the file labeled dcdb1.ebc and test again, then dcdb2.ebc, etc.

If the contents of dcdb0.ebc don't show up in the clean folder, remove that file, move over dcdb1.ebc, but then change the 1 in its name to a 0 (zero), so the file can be read by the game.  You can test each .ebc file individually this way, to see what loads and what doesn't.

By the way, reinstalling the game's program files isn't going to do anything to help.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (304 Views)