Original Post

Accepted Solution

Events / Festivals / Holidays Disappear When Travel

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All DLCs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know what triggered it but I'll provide my saves.
What happens when the bug occurs? When my sims travel, the current festivals, holidays, and events (like talent showcase or starlight accolade) will disappear, but if the sims stay on the lot where festivals and events take place before they begin then these events / festivals / holidays just function as normal.
What do you expect to see? When my sims travel to the destination the events / holidays / festivals should remain and function.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

issue.jpg

This screenshot is took when my sim traveled to flea market from phone invitation, I still got to keep the mini goal, while the flea market itself just disappeared. 

Now for me CL festivals are completely broken unless living in the district where the certain festival take place (neither travel through the festival info notification, directly through the map, nor being invited by phone would work). Seasons holiday traditions that require travel like the date tradition for love day could not be completed but is still tolerable, while the GF events bother me the least as I know for sure when and where they will happen.

Removed the mods then deleted the localthumbcache and repaired yet the issue is still there.

Message 1 of 9 (1,296 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [CL] [S] [GF] Events / Festivals / Holidays Disappear When Travel

★★★ Apprentice

Hi Crin,

Never mind, seems that the latest patch has solved my problem.

MfG,

Alex

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (1,161 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Could you test a fresh saves for testing ?

Sounds like your save game corrupted. Do you have a save from before it started happening and can test if it occurs again if you don't have any mods in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (1,292 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi Crin,

That’s the save that I played since I got the game two years ago. I only got another save to upload pre-mades and put them to my old save but I can’t remember if the other save is created before the issue though I can definitely test on it.

I will test it on a new save tomorrow and will update the result. Thank you for your suggestion.

MfG,

Alex

Message 3 of 9 (1,281 Views)

Hero

Just start a fresh save to see if the issues also occurs there or if it's related to your save.

The game makes automatic backups so maybe you can try one of them but if you saved more then 4 times since the issue occurred, they are probably also bugged.

Here's instructions how to recover older saves: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/save-games/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (1,274 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi Crin,

tried a new save and it worked...... Just want to know if I save the households and buildings in my corrupted save to my library and put them into my new save, would my new save become corrupted too? Thanks.

MfG,

Alex

Message 5 of 9 (1,239 Views)

Hero
Depends what corrupted it. I haven't seen any other reports of this kind and it could have been a mod too.

I would make backups of everything and just try.

Can you send me your corrupted save ?

Just upload to google drive or onedrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (1,235 Views)

Hero

Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

@Airakale 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (1,204 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi Crin,

Never mind, seems that the latest patch has solved my problem.

MfG,

Alex

Message 8 of 9 (1,162 Views)

Hero

Hi @Airakale 

that is good to hear.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (1,148 Views)