Error when I download Origin Sims 4 - Microsoft 10 running

by Vischkuil

Original Post

Error when I download Origin Sims 4 - Microsoft 10 running

★★★ Newbie

I am battling to download Origin, it keeps on giving me and error.  I have figured out I am running on Windows 10 which is not supported.  I need help I am not a computer fundi at all.

Message 1 of 8 (478 Views)

Re: Error when I download Origin Sims 4 - Microsoft 10 running

@Vischkuil  Windows 10 is supported for both Origin and Sims 4.  Please post a screenshot of the error you're seeing.  Hit Windows key-shift-S and drag your cursor over the section of screen you want to capture.  Then click the notification about the screenshot and save it.  Or you can open Paint and crtl-V to paste the screenshot.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 8 (451 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi

Thank you for your response, I have send you a screenshot of the error.

Message 3 of 8 (440 Views)

@Vischkuil  The file mentioned is part of the 2015 VC++ runtimes.  It's best to uninstall your current copies, if you have any, and then download new ones from Microsoft.  Hit Windows key-i, select Apps, scroll down to Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable, click on both the x86 and x64 entries (if you have them), and select Uninstall.

You can download new copies here.  Be sure to install both the x86 and x64 versions.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Message 4 of 8 (434 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict I sorry all this steps is way above me. Will it be possible for you to assist me via TeamViewer?
Message 5 of 8 (427 Views)

@Vischkuil  Sorry, I don't do that; I don't even have it set up.  If you follow the instructions, you'll see what I mean, and if you're confused, you can take screenshots.  There's no harm in looking around a bit in Windows to see what's there and get familiar with the layout of the various system settings.  But this process itself should be fairly straightforward once you actually get a look at the various elements involved.

Message 6 of 8 (410 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict No problem I have checked mine only go to 2013 I do not have 2015
Message 7 of 8 (367 Views)

@Vischkuil  Then download and install both the x86 and x64 runtimes from Microsoft, restart your computer, and try to load Origin again.

Message 8 of 8 (336 Views)