Error trying to install SIMS 4

by ellewhomeows

Original Post

Error trying to install SIMS 4

★ Novice

I was so excited to FINALLY get my Sims 4 game. I couldn't wait! I've been a Sims fanatic for so long and have had every generation of The Sims series there was. To my dismay though, when I received my game today and tried to install, it popped up an error message stating the following:

Error: The VC++ runtime redistributable package was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continue. (1618)

Well, living in a world where everything is at our fingertips, I googled it. I found a post on a forum about this exact same problem with another EA game Battlefield 4. There were instructions to manually update the Visual C++ so that you could run the installation of the game without issue. Problem solved, right? WRONG. When I did this, I encountered another lovely (aka EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING) error message. The message stated the following:

SETUP FAILED One ore more issues casued the setup to fail. Please fix the issues and then retry setup.

0x80070652 Another installation is already in progress. Complete that installation before proceeding with this install.

When nothing is installing right now. I've restarted, shut down, everything I could think of. All I want is to play my game, and the odds are against me. Any ideas!?

Message 1 of 2 (2,011 Views)

Re: Error trying to install SIMS 4

★★★★★ Novice

Have you tried checking this thread if there is a solution for you?  http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Info-Sims-4-Download-amp-Installation-amp-Startup-issues/m-p/340...

If not I think you will have better luck getting help for this problem over there

Message 2 of 2 (1,996 Views)