Error reporting on 11/10/2020 patch

by dimon6579

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 crashing during gameplay after Nov 2020 update

★★★★ Novice

I repaired the game on origin and it still lagged and froze after a short while. It's just unplayable at the moment!

Message 11 of 15 (340 Views)

Hero
@XicoPt87 Please create your own thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 15 (337 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@CrowlingLoreplease no one else post here. This is for my issue. If you have this same issue, please make a new post. I am currently waiting still for my origin repair to finish then to test my game. The more people who post in their own thread about this issue with their DXDIAG, Config.log, and loaderror will get this issue fixed sooner. But by posting this in my post, your wasting the moderators time in helping me and possibly the whole sim community in fixing the crashing errors with the sims 4. So if you need to post something, please start a new thread post. Thank you.

UPDATE:

Ok..i did a origin repair which took about 3 hours for me. After i did this, i also moved my family i had the issue with out of their household, and moved them back into it. Afterwards, i seen various odd behaviors in the game. For example, no one will feed the toddlers in my house in the high chair. The butler is the only one doing it. But when i force any other sim to do it, they hang up on it. I started seeing sentiments in my game finally..which is fine. I think maybe that is why it hanged up before because it was not showing or loading it before. Also, a baby in a crib...again, no adults are taking care of it. I keep getting errors from the sims saying they cannot find a path to it. I moved it around and they still get the same error. Not sure what is causing this issue.

So i played for three hours without a crash at least..but there are many other bugs i found. As long as i can play it with those bugs it is fine. At this point i played for three hours on my pc without crashing. I will play it also tomorrow to see if it crashes again. Some people say it gets fixed for awhile, then it goes back to crashing again..i will have to test it out more.

There are also errors with vampires. For example, i have "move as bat" to location...but what is funny, they land near the object backwards, turn back into a bat, then fly and face the object to use...kinda annoying bug. Also, for some reason, when i try to feed my beetles some compost, my sims just throw it on the ground and that is that..is that how it works normally? I thought there supposed to put it into the bug house, not dump it on the ground.

NOTE: NO load error log was made during when i played this last time. I did see lots of bugs in the game though, as i mentioned above.

LIST OF BUGS I FOUND IN GAME:

-Toddlers in high chairs not being fed by adults. This could be a pathfinding bug with sims trying to get to it with food.

- Baby's in cribs not being able to be fed by adults. From what i saw in my game, this is pathfinding of sims issue. Even moving around the crib did not work for me.

-Vampires when flying towards object to use turn around backwards, then they fly again to face it correctly, wasting time. Sometimes they auto cancel using the object because of this.

- Feeding compost to the eco bug house from a sim option does not work. The sims just throw it on the ground.

- When clicking on a recyclable trash pie on the ground and clicking on use the recycler does not work. The sims pick up the pile, then drop it. A workaround is to put the pile in the sims inventory, then go up to recycler, then click on it.

Message 13 of 15 (325 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@dimon6579 Bit crazy all, need to read this later.

Please post bugs in the bug forum with one thread per issue.

OK. Seems crashing is fine for you for now. Please report back if it comes back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 15 (747 Views)

★ Guide

Thank you for answering me. I found where to post bugs at and did not know about it before. Thanks for pointing it out. I will from now on post my bugs over there. I have not crashed again yet. If i do, i will make a new post on here. Thank you. You can close this post if you like. Sorry about the length of my post. I was trying to be as accurate as possible on what happen.

Message 15 of 15 (204 Views)