Re: Error occurs after I installed the Movie Stuff

by EA_Stephen

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Same here.

My game had already updated to the latest version(1.57.62.023003)

and restarting computer doesn't work.

The Sims 3 system still keeps trolling me to insert a different disc(Movie Stuff and Island Paradise). Confusedmileyindifferent:

Message 11 of 23 (1,487 Views)

Hero

OK, I'll forward this to a community manager

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 23 (1,396 Views)

Re: today i buy the sims 3 movie stuff,i installed it,but i can't to play the sims3 now.

[ Edited ]
Hero

@tearscar wrote:

today i buy the sims 3 movie stuff,i installed it,but i can't to play the sims3 now.i just have a CD-ROM,but if i use the movie stuff's CD,launcher say "can not find the Island Paradise's CD".if use the Island Paradise's CD that the play say " need the movie stuff's CD''. 

i don't know what can i do now 

thank you!

Moved your thread together with the rest. I hope this can be looked into. Better if all cases are in one thread. Makes it easier.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 23 (1,363 Views)

Re: today i buy the sims 3 movie stuff,i installed it,but i can't to play the sims3 now.

Community Manager

We forwarded your information to the studio. I hope they'll come back to us soon.

There is a workaround that will let you play, but that would mean un-installing all your games and downloading and re-installing them through the Origin client. But this is a lot of work and a lot of stuff to download, I wouldn't do it until we know that this is the only possible solution.

We'll get back to you as soon as we know more, promise.

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 14 of 23 (1,350 Views)

★★ Novice
Hey ive just recently installed sims 3 movie stuff but when I wan to play it requested for my island paradise disc. When I try with my island paradise disc It wans the movie stuff disc. What should I do
Message 15 of 23 (1,335 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

@phyllislimzhihui,

Take a look at the post directly above yours from eaursula.

As promised, we'll update this thread when we know more, so it might be worthwhile bookmarking this page for future reference.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 16 of 23 (1,320 Views)

★★ Novice
If I purchase the new into the future expansion pack will the game work? Or will it have the same problem?
Message 17 of 23 (928 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I enjoy very nice The sims 3 and collect expansoin etc..

I have the same problem with The sims 3 Movies stuff and I have install and Origin code entered and latest patch on The sims 3 Game Launcher and asked so beautiful on facebook but if you do not help then I Friday The sims 3 Movies stuff give in and give money back if they do not give money back then I go to the consumer because I have no choice

I went on Sunday (06.10.2013) The sims 3 Movies stuff at Paarl Mall at Incredible Connection (South Africa) I remain far from Paarl Mall 150km

Please excuse my senses

Message 18 of 23 (919 Views)

Hero

You could just download the download version through Origin instead. You don't have to pay for it again. Just register the game and it should show up in myGames.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 23 (906 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got the same error!!!

and i have live chat to es advisor, the first one ask me to unistall all the SIMS3 the install all the Sims 3 again....

I waste three night to unistall and install..Sigh...

and a minute ago i chat with advistor again....and she also suggest me to download the game from origin.

sigh...Should EA fix this error by patch as soon as possible???

Message 20 of 23 (898 Views)