Error message during Sims 4 gameplay

by sollosims

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Error message during Sims 4 gameplay

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I've been playing the Sims 4 normally, no problems until my game freezes and I see this message:

TS4_x64.exe - Application Error

The instruction at 0x00000001401A4085 referenced memory at 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. The memory could not be read.

Click on OK to terminate the program

Can someone please tell me what happened there? It happened once, and now it's quickly happening more often.

Please keep in mind that this is probably an obvious answer and I am probably just an idiot, so thank you for reading this waste of time.

Message 1 of 11 (1,708 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Error message during Sims 4 gameplay

Hero (Retired)
@sollosims
If it is possible definitely is better to buy new computer with a better graphics card.

View in thread

Message 10 of 11 (1,597 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Please run Microsoft memory diagnostics. If that reports no errors post a DxDiag. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 11 (1,685 Views)

★ Apprentice

I ran the program, 97% done total and no problems so far, but I went off keeping myself busy and not sitting in front of a screen doing nothing (they should really make it look less like the blue screen of death) and I come a minute later and it's done. AnD oF cOuRsE, I never got the results. It was almost done, so should I run it again or not? Here's my DxDiag anyways. And yes, I have heard in the past that my graphics card is not great, but I play my game on low graphics. 

Thanks again for reading my waste of time Standard smile

Message 3 of 11 (1,674 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@sollosims
What expansion pack do you have except baza game?
According to me, Windows closes the game because your graphics card can't longer work despite the low settings.
There is not much RAM available for the game, and it can cause it issue also .
There is also some problem with your antivirus, but I think @jpkarlsen will be know better what happened there,
And when it comes to weak graphics card, I used to have a similar weak computer, and the only solution I invented was not to play more than 45 minutes. Then I made 20 minutes of rest for my graphics card, I did not like it but I had no other option.
Message 4 of 11 (1,660 Views)

★ Apprentice

thank you, i will try that. i have a lot of packs: get to work, get together, seasons, cats & dogs, city living, parenthood, backyard stuff, laundry day & toddler stuff. is there a problem with the antivirus application or do i have a virus?

Message 5 of 11 (1,654 Views)

Hero (Retired)
llemon913
Well, I'm not surprised that your card is in trouble. After Dogs and Cats, the requirements for graphic cards have been significantly increased. Look here and see what are the requirements now.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Make-sure-you-meet-minimum-requirements-PC/...
Message 6 of 11 (1,643 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

huh. that's weird. cats & dogs came with my game, like i got some special deal. i think i'm just going to consider a new computer. oh, and what was the problem with the antivirus?

Message 7 of 11 (1,631 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@sollosims

I see that memory diagnostics reported  a pass so that is fine.

You do not have much RAM and graphics uses half of what you have, I recommend that you add more RAM if possible. Check your manual.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 8 of 11 (1,618 Views)

★ Apprentice

okay. i'll consider getting more. should i get more RAM or a new computer?

Message 9 of 11 (1,603 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@sollosims
If it is possible definitely is better to buy new computer with a better graphics card.
Message 10 of 11 (1,598 Views)