Error loading saved game

by deac15

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Error loading saved game

★★ Novice

When i open the Sims 4 i am getting the following error message:

"The saved game you are attempting to load was saved with a newer version of The Sims 4 than is currently installed.  Please update in order to safley load this saved game."

how can that possibly be, and how do i correct this?

Message 1 of 22 (2,671 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Error loading saved game

★★★ Newbie

Okay guys. ive finally found a solution. ive tested it, and its worked for my game, hopefully it will work for yours. 

Go to Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/cache and delete all the cache files. 

then go into the saves folder and delete all of the saves.

Then go into the "scratch" folder within the "saves" folder and delete all the files which had the words "save game" in it.

You will need to create a new game, then save it, exit the game and then relaunch Sims 4.

View in thread

Message 13 of 22 (5,709 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)
Have you tried repairing the game on Origin, by right clicking the icon in the My Games tab and selecting "Repair Game"?
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 2 of 22 (2,658 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried that and i am still receiving the same error message.

Message 3 of 22 (2,653 Views)

What happens if you uninstall/reinstall the game?
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
Message 4 of 22 (2,650 Views)

★★ Novice

I just uninstalled, and reinstalled.  Same error message.  Created a new household, and now neither household i have created are there.

Message 5 of 22 (2,618 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have the same problem, im glad im not the only one.

Message 6 of 22 (2,592 Views)

Can you guys upload your save folder somewhere (dropbox, megaupload or some other file hosting website), as well as let us know how long you have been playing on each save in the folder? I'll pass it on to the Sims team.

Thanks!
Message 7 of 22 (2,509 Views)

★★ Novice

Can't seem to find a save folder. 

Message 8 of 22 (2,491 Views)

@deac15

It should be located in username\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves
Message 9 of 22 (2,479 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the same exat problem... It says I'm playing on an older version os TS4 and that I cannot load my previous saved games.  This is so annoying! I uninstalled and reinstalled, nothing happenned, still getting the error.  That's not my only problem however.  I can't place or move objects in build or buy mode, there's a glitch somewhere and it doesn't allow me to place any items (click and place) and everytime I try to build something (like a room) it doesn't plae the walls and/or even lets me place it at all (it just disappears when i click to place items/rooms).  It's quite frankly getting on my nerves!  Even the babies in the game are graphicially buggy (misshapen back, eyes and extremelyyyyyy long fingernails...).  Any fixes to any of these problems?! Help!  I want my TS4 experience to be a good one, not some lame excuse for a game!

Message 10 of 22 (2,447 Views)