Re: Error loading saved game

by dazzle_diva101

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

@dazzle_diva101 wrote:

I can't place or move objects in build or buy mode, there's a glitch somewhere and it doesn't allow me to place any items (click and place) and everytime I try to build something (like a room) it doesn't plae the walls and/or even lets me place it at all (it just disappears when i click to place items/rooms).  

im also having that problem as well as the saving issue. it takes me a few tries of going in and out of build mode to finally place an object.

Message 11 of 22 (3,936 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I've been having nothing but problems with this game since I bought it two days ago. kicking myself for spending the extra $20 to get the premium edition too
Message 12 of 22 (3,935 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Okay guys. ive finally found a solution. ive tested it, and its worked for my game, hopefully it will work for yours. 

Go to Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/cache and delete all the cache files. 

then go into the saves folder and delete all of the saves.

Then go into the "scratch" folder within the "saves" folder and delete all the files which had the words "save game" in it.

You will need to create a new game, then save it, exit the game and then relaunch Sims 4.

Message 13 of 22 (5,701 Views)

★★ Novice
Thank you thank you thank youuuuu! Does this fix the build/buy mode as well as the load a saved game? You rock! I am going to try it and I will post if I have any success.
Message 14 of 22 (3,931 Views)

Community Manager (retired)
@deac15

Have you tried the workaround suggested by @mizdistraction ? Standard smile
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 15 of 22 (3,898 Views)

★★ Novice
The steps provided by @mizdistraction worked PERFECTLY. My game saves and loads properly now and the build/buy mode works!!!! Thank you sooooo much, I finally am able to enjoy The Sims 4 like it's supposed to be! Still have glitchy alien babies (graphic errors make them look weird) but besides that, it's PERFECT. Thank you again!!! 😊
Message 16 of 22 (3,890 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Excellent, good to know. Standard smile

@deac15  can you try the workaround @mizdistraction suggested? If it solves your issue, be sure to click the "Accept as Solution" button and to click the "XP" button to reward her efforts. Standard smile

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 17 of 22 (3,884 Views)

Champion (Retired)
Just so I understand. By deleting all the files related to saves those saves are no longer available. And the only solution is to start fresh? I have been fortunate not to have this issue. Just want to confirm before I share with my forum members. Than you all in advance for finding solutions to game issues.
EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 18 of 22 (3,848 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I was wondering that too @mizdistraction 

EDIT: Also if someone has a pic of the error message. That be great to have for a blog post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 22 (3,842 Views)

★★★ Newbie
About having to start off fresh or not, I have no clue. This was the solution I got after talking to someone on the help chat thing. It took HOURS for them to finally get back with me. So I took what I could get.
Message 20 of 22 (3,812 Views)