Error installing 2nd expansion pack / uninstalling sims 3

by Nic-olacha680

Original Post

Error installing 2nd expansion pack / uninstalling sims 3

★★★ Newbie

Bought Sims 3 and multiple expansion packs on CD's to play on my PC. Installed base game first clicked on it to make sure it worked it did. Installed world adventures next clicked on it to run the game it worked. Then I tried installing generations and suddenly it says I need to install Sims 3 first. Tried restarting computer and testing it again wont work. Updated to newest game version. Tried to uninstall them to do it over again. Cant get uninstall to work either. Please help me 

Message 1 of 2 (229 Views)

Re: Error installing 2nd expansion pack / uninstalling sims 3

@Nic-olacha680  The issue may have been that you didn't patch the base game before installing Generations, and the pack was "expecting" to find a later version than what you'd installed.  (The launcher doesn't always do a good job of patching, even if it reports that the game is fully updated.)  At any rate, running the Super Patch wouldn't hurt.  Be sure to use the version for your disc's region.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/175477/official-ea-download-link-for-the-sims-3-cumulati...

If you've removed any program files during your attempt to uninstall, it's best to wipe everything and start over.  You can use a tool like Piriform's CCleaner (free download) to wipe all traces of TS3 from your computer, including the registry entries the game leaves behind even with a successful uninstall.

If you install and patch the base game and WA, and Generations still won't install, please run a dxdiag and attach the results to a post here (use the Browse button).  Please also list the install path of the game on your computer.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (207 Views)