Error in my house.

by MissLawi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Error in my house.

★★★ Novice

Hello everyone, yesterday while I was playing, I decided to change to a neighbor's house to make him fall in love with me (lol) and left it there. Saved and everything was just fine.

Today I logged in again and tried to go back to my main game at my mansion and everything is wrong! I don't have the displays on the left side (I have 7 sims living there) so I can't change selection between my sims. I still can do it with a click, but I can't check their necessities or see their backpacks. I can't use money neither. It's the first time it happens and they keep doing their own business as always.

I tried shutting down the game and restarting it but it happens again and again. I even tried changing houses again (the neighbors are just ok). Same error when I go back home.

By the way I don't use any mods apart from motherlode and haven't downloaded any item lately. Frown HELP! THAT WAS MY DINASTY Devil

On the caption you can see that there's no money (not even $0) and I selected the backpack but shows the careers... 

I've read that there's a Mod that can help me, but I'd prefer not to download anything http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=416883

Message 1 of 4 (236 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Error in my house.

Hero (Retired)

1  start your game then save as new name then try the edit town save a copy of the family to the library  and start a new game to see if all is well with them

2  start your game then save as new name then try the edit town save a copy of the family to the library  and  in the top left will be your family like a  clipboard image  delete that then place the saved copy of the family from the library back into the lot  

3 from edit town switch to a new family then back to game save as new name then back to edit town click on your family lot that they live in and save a copy of them to the library

the sims will keep the skills they have and friendships they have with each other and any items in the inventory but you'll be starting with the wishes and maybe building up friendships up around the the town again

4 go to the electronicsarts/thesims 3 saves folder find the save of that game copy and save it to the desktop then rename that one to something simple like Test.sims3 (might be hard to see but there's a dot in between the Test and sims 3 ) copy that back to your saves folder launch and see if all is well

or i can try  if your willing to share the save at the least i can try to save the family for you

go to your saves folder copy that save game folder to the desktop then right click it to zip it then do the same for the backup of that save then upload it to mediafire or googledrive send me a private message with the links once i download them I'll let you know so you can delete the uploads also let me know the name of the family and the town your in and if there are other sims in the game you want saved too

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (231 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

1  start your game then save as new name then try the edit town save a copy of the family to the library  and start a new game to see if all is well with them

2  start your game then save as new name then try the edit town save a copy of the family to the library  and  in the top left will be your family like a  clipboard image  delete that then place the saved copy of the family from the library back into the lot  

3 from edit town switch to a new family then back to game save as new name then back to edit town click on your family lot that they live in and save a copy of them to the library

the sims will keep the skills they have and friendships they have with each other and any items in the inventory but you'll be starting with the wishes and maybe building up friendships up around the the town again

4 go to the electronicsarts/thesims 3 saves folder find the save of that game copy and save it to the desktop then rename that one to something simple like Test.sims3 (might be hard to see but there's a dot in between the Test and sims 3 ) copy that back to your saves folder launch and see if all is well

or i can try  if your willing to share the save at the least i can try to save the family for you

go to your saves folder copy that save game folder to the desktop then right click it to zip it then do the same for the backup of that save then upload it to mediafire or googledrive send me a private message with the links once i download them I'll let you know so you can delete the uploads also let me know the name of the family and the town your in and if there are other sims in the game you want saved too

Message 2 of 4 (232 Views)

★★★ Novice

OMG thank you very much, I tried the two first options you gave and it's all working now. Love u! Heart

Message 3 of 4 (218 Views)

Hero (Retired)

awesome, happy to hear it worked for you :D

Message 4 of 4 (207 Views)