Re: Error - game is already playing

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Error - game is already playing

★ Novice

I need help please....

Running Sims 4 off a PC, just did an update with window 10. Now everytime I attempt to load the game, it says "error Sims 4 already running" with a bunch of numbers underneath. 

It isn't running, there is nothing open. I've updated the game, clicked 'repair'. Signed out of origin, logged back in, uninstalled origin, re-installed it. It doesn't matter it's still not working. Please help!!

Message 1 of 4 (349 Views)

@PollyAnn19  Please try the steps listed here:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2015/08/game-already-running/

If those don't help, try disabling your antivirus, at least long enough to test.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (330 Views)

★ Novice

thank you!

Really helpful - I managed to chat to about 12 people on EA, they said it was an error on their end with the new game expansion pack/update. They're fixing it... I think it will take forever. 

Message 3 of 4 (305 Views)

@PollyAnn19  Does your game work now?  This isn't really a known issue in the sense that EA would be working on a fix.  This error is actually a system issue, and as such, it needs to be addressed at the system level.  A game update can make this error more or less common, but since it's not really about Sims 4, it's usually better to actively troubleshoot it rather than waiting for a patch.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (298 Views)