Error during startup

by jenna_howl462

Original Post

Error during startup

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

having the same issue someone help !! and i have done everything to try fix it but no luck. and the solution thats posted doesn't work as well... 

Message 1 of 4 (343 Views)

Re: Error during startup

[ Edited ]

@jenna_howl462  I've split your post into its own thread, as the previous thread was old, and not helpful to you.  (This isn't surprising, since it predates Windows 10 by a couple of years.)

Thanks for the dxdiag; it makes troubleshooting a lot easier.  One thing that stands out is that your graphics card drivers are out of date.  Both the Nvidia and Intel drivers should be updated, preferably through Dell's website, or (failing that) through the Nvidia and Intel sites.

There are plenty of causes for the "error during startup" message.  If updating your drivers doesn't help, the easiest next step is to pull your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  If you can load a new save and play for a bit—just long enough to confirm that everything's working—you can move your saves and other content into your new game folder from your old one.  Here's a list of all the files in that folder:

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-user-files.html

If that doesn't help, you might have an issue with your computer's registry.  Have you ever uninstalled and reinstalled TS3 on this computer?  Have you tried to move any of the game's program files around?  You might need to uninstall, clean the registry (either manually or with a tool like Piriforn's CCleaner), and reinstall.  If you have saves you'd like to preserve, store your game folder somewhere else and rename it temporarily.

Also, has this computer ever run TS3 successfully?  If not, you may need to enable .NET framework 3.5, as it sometimes is disabled.  It should already be installed though.

One other question is whether you have any antivirus/firewall running.  It might be blocking TS3, or Origin if you need it to play.  You can test this theory by taking your computer completely offline before playing; if you use Origin, sign in and then put it in offline mode.  If this is the issue, be sure to set exceptions in your antivirus/firewall for both Origin and TS3.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (338 Views)

★ Novice

so i have updated both the Nvidia and Intel drivers and no luck. i have done entire TS3 game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop and tried to launch the game.. no luck getting the same error. 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled TS3 on my computer. with using CCleaner and regedit. no luck 

My computer has run TS3 successfully in the past. were would u find  .NET framework 3.5? just to check

I am using Origin to play and i have tried have both on different drives no luck there and bypassing launcher 

and yet to do offline for firewall/ anitvirus 

Frown

Message 3 of 4 (315 Views)

@jenna_howl462  Here are instructions for enabling .NET framework 3.5.  (It should already be installed, but if it's not, there are instructions for that too.)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/install/dotnet-35-windows-10

Putting Origin in offline mode and taking your computer offline before launching TS3 is a useful test; if it works, you'll know there's something about the connection to EA servers that's preventing you from playing.

One more thing to try is playing after a clean boot.  If there are other apps running in the background that are interfering with TS3, you'll find out.

https://www.howtogeek.com/393698/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows/

If none of these steps help, please run another dxdiag and attach it.  I'd like to see if there are any new errors.  And please also post the exact error message you're seeing, either the text or a screenshot.  You can capture a section of your screen by hitting Windows key-shift-S and dragging your cursor over the area you want.  Then you can paste the image (crtl-V) into Paint or another image editing app.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (307 Views)