Re: Error during startup?

by InaMac

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Error during startup?

★★ Novice

I'm aware that this problem has been persisting, and I've talked to a few reps, but you can't tell me that there isn't a quick fix to getting rid of this "Error during startup. Please see log for more details." notice I get after I've patched my game...

Message 1 of 19 (53,069 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

First of all: Make a backup of your files in documents. This won't loose you your legacy files even if you have to reinstall. You can simply put those files back and continue where you left off.

Now to the error. The error during Startup usually happens if the registry key don't match. This can happen if you uninstall the game or part of it. The best way is to make sure, you have no left over registry keys from games you've uninstalled. Check the link given above about which keys those are.

Here's some more tips on the issue: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/error-there-was-an-error-during-startup.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 19 (58,475 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello Dear,

Please try manually uninstalling your game and then install it again. This will really helpful. Please use this link for manual un-installation : https://help.ea.com/article/manually-uninstalling-the-sims-3

Hope this resolves your issue as this worked for many.

Message 2 of 19 (52,907 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

Is there a way of fixing this issue (I have it too) without uninstalling? I write several legacies and if I uninstall I will lose all my families :heart:

Message 3 of 19 (52,904 Views)

Hero

First of all: Make a backup of your files in documents. This won't loose you your legacy files even if you have to reinstall. You can simply put those files back and continue where you left off.

Now to the error. The error during Startup usually happens if the registry key don't match. This can happen if you uninstall the game or part of it. The best way is to make sure, you have no left over registry keys from games you've uninstalled. Check the link given above about which keys those are.

Here's some more tips on the issue: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/error-there-was-an-error-during-startup.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 19 (58,476 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I cannot believe the answer is to do registry edits, for a primarily KIDS game.  EA, you are a monstrosity, someone must be able to find and post a simple answer to what seems to be a simple question.  I actually found the SIMS 3 log file, it was blank, which provides very little to work with.

I am willing to make my PC available for you to access, use for error checking and fix so you can solve he problems that MANY of your users appear to be having.

My daughter just spent $40 pn one of your games, of the several hundred that have been spent on your companies products, and i ahve spent 20-30 hours trying to solve your programming issues.  I believe you owe my daughter a refund, or at least fix the problem.

You have my email, I am available, please help me allow my daughter to just play the game instead of me trying all I can to fix issues that should be resolved easily.

Message 5 of 19 (47,392 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@cconnor303 wrote:

I cannot believe the answer is to do registry edits, for a primarily KIDS game.  EA, you are a monstrosity, someone must be able to find and post a simple answer to what seems to be a simple question.  I actually found the SIMS 3 log file, it was blank, which provides very little to work with.

I am willing to make my PC available for you to access, use for error checking and fix so you can solve he problems that MANY of your users appear to be having.

My daughter just spent $40 pn one of your games, of the several hundred that have been spent on your companies products, and i ahve spent 20-30 hours trying to solve your programming issues.  I believe you owe my daughter a refund, or at least fix the problem.

You have my email, I am available, please help me allow my daughter to just play the game instead of me trying all I can to fix issues that should be resolved easily.

I 'm with you - this is the first time I am using Origin and likely it will be the last. But EA wont care, they can easily afford to loose a few PC customers.

Message 6 of 19 (44,691 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm with a lot of the people posting here.  This is absolutely ridiculous.  If I would have known buying one measly expansion pack would have ruined all of the former expansions I've installed, I would have never given EA more of my money.  All I want to do is play my freaking game, but instead I'm wasting time that could have been spent playing something I spent hard earned money on.  Fix this.

Message 7 of 19 (41,784 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having this same issue... I bought the sims 3 for my mac, I deauthorized the version on the mac after I started having this issue and thought that would fix it but it did not. I tried the instructions for the registry edit but there is no Electronic Arts or Origin folder under the HKEY local machine folder in regedit. Even if I don't delete the folders it's just not there. I got this after installing Townlife, all before the game launched on my new computer. Now on both computers when I let the uninstaller uninstall it a message comes up saying "there's no authorization on this machine, contact EA support" or something similar to that.

Message 8 of 19 (40,796 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have tried every solution posted.... no luck.  I haven't played in months and now have only the base game installed.  The second I update (yes, manually) I get the error message.  I have invested so much time and money in this game and expansions.  Is there any help for this problem?

Message 9 of 19 (35,239 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

There is another way to uninstall without using regedit. 

You go into SYSTEM>Program Files>Origin Games and then delete the sims 3 folder, when you go onto origin it will say download on the sims 3 game.

That's what I did and it worked but I don't know if it works for anyone else.

But I do agree with you, it's just a kids game and they shouldn't have to do all this manual uninstalling because we're just kids. (Well i'm a kid)

Message 10 of 19 (34,492 Views)