Error code when loading lots :(

by uhlani27

Original Post

Error code when loading lots :(

★ Novice

Screenshot (1).png

I keep getting this error code when I try to load some of my lots in my game. I've tried to move my sims into three different houses and I keep getting this. If I put a house from the gallery in buy mode, then I can play. But as soon as I leave that lot I can't open it again. I do have mods and CC. Does anyone have any idea what it could be?

Message 1 of 4 (2,424 Views)

Re: Error code when loading lots :(

Hero (Retired)
@uhlani27

Move the mods folder to the desktop.
Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game, also delete all folders with the word "cache" in the name - important!
Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder and check if a game is working now without mods and CC.
Check if there are new updated versions of the mods and CC you are using.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods one by one every time checking if the game is OK.
Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method. ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
You need to find a culprit and either remove it or replace it with an updated version

I don't work for A
Message 2 of 4 (2,413 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Its not mods not everything is mods can you guys plz try to find actual solutions instead of blaming everything on mods I dont have mods I have so many of the same problems as these players with mods EA just needs to get their act together.

Message 3 of 4 (1,296 Views)

Community Manager
Hey there,

This thread is quite old and is being locked here to avoid further necroposting.

If you're experiencing an issue please feel free to start a new thread if you're unable to find a more recent topic on the subject, thanks.

- EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 4 of 4 (1,277 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help