Error code 811

by ilovefatpugs

Original Post

Error code 811

★ Novice

So I was playing the sims in my old laptop, got a new one, and then when a I was trying to play with my old saves it doesn't lete play with any household (build or move families) but it does let me build in community lots and enter CAS.

I've removed all my CC and Mods and I really wanna play with my old saves (one of them is 2 years old!) pls help

(when I click on a household or a empty lot it stars to load, than that "error 811" pops up, and then sends me to the maps view, and then when I tried again it goes to and endless loading screen)

Message 1 of 9 (2,525 Views)

Re: Error code 811

@ilovefatpugs  Does your computer run Windows or macOS?  And can you post the exact error you're getting?  The whole code is important here.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 9 (2,511 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah, the full error is "The game failed to load. Error Code: 811. It is recommended that you relaunch the game".

I have a PC, that runs Windows 10. I've also notice that the error is popping in saves that I downloaded (I don't know if that helps but what I'm trying to say is that just a couple of the saves that I have, the ones that I really don't wanna delete, having been throwing me that error).

I would really appreciate the help Standard smile 

Message 3 of 9 (2,503 Views)

@ilovefatpugs  I've moved your thread to the Sims 4 PC tech section.

Message 4 of 9 (2,430 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@ilovefatpugs 

Try doing a factory reset as described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 9 (2,404 Views)

★ Novice

Hi is there any news about this error because I have the same message :x

Message 6 of 9 (2,296 Views)

★ Novice

Did you end up fixing your error code

Message 7 of 9 (1,522 Views)

★★ Novice
@ilovefatpugs hey did you solve it?
Message 8 of 9 (1,345 Views)

@yarenkabak  Please post the full error code you're seeing, or take a screenshot.

Message 9 of 9 (1,338 Views)