Re: Error code 140:645fba83:228eaf9b

by unicornlyfe23

Original Post

Hero
@insanida Something about a wall clock ?

Can you enter the building in buy mode from the map ?

Would you mind sharing your save so I can test ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 100 (4,304 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Error Code

★★★★★ Novice

Hi @crinrict my apology for the delayed response. I tried doing as stated above and even tried without script mods but the error still shows. 

Message 22 of 100 (4,275 Views)

★★★ Novice

@crinrict I can enter build/buy mode from the map. I just started playing without mods for an extended period of time and I had a lastexception notification even without the mods. I would absolutely be willing to share my save file, how would I go about doing that?

Message 23 of 100 (4,342 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi, I'm having the exact same problem. I use a lot of CC and mods, but my game was working perfectly well last night and now no longer works. I bundled Realm of Magic and Seasons this morning and downloaded them, so I can't help but wonder if that's the issue. Wish I could play what I just bought though.

Message 24 of 100 (4,328 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Error Code

★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict  Here is the error im seeing now and I've deleted that mod out of the folder completely yet it still shows Frown 

Message 25 of 100 (4,298 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

does anyone know hoe to fix this problem? im getting impatient.

Message 26 of 100 (4,295 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@unicornlyfe23

Go to Documents/ElectronicArts - inside will be The Sims4 folder
Step 1. Rename The Sims4 folder to "The Sims4 old"
Step 2. Fix the game in Origin
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Step 3. Turn on the game - a new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old, one new
Step 4. Check if you still have this problem in the newly created game folder.
If the problem disappeared
Step 5. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
Step 6. Go to "The Sims 4 old" folder and copy - your "saves " folder.
Step. 7, Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.
Step 8. Do the same with Tray folder and TrayDeleteItems file

=== If you don't have mods and CC skip this step below =====
Step 9. Check if there are newly updated version mods you are using.
Then copy and paste your mods and CC from old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)

Step. 10. Launch the game and check if this problem also disappeared in this old save. However, it may happen that although the new saves will not have this error anymore, the old save will remain damaged.
The last step - delete The Sims4 old folder.

Your saves and library will be not changed or damaged

I don't work for EA
Message 27 of 100 (4,268 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @KatrielNoveau  @unicornlyfe23   @khouston10 @insanida @DeceivedComet19 

I need you all to test on a fresh vanilla folder (no mods/cc at all). Please use steps below to get a clean game.

If this does not work and you're still seeing the error code, please share your save with me.

To do so, upload the save to googledrive or onedrive and PM me the link.

Also this is about this error: 140:645fba83

If you have a different error message, please make your own thread (the numbers after the second double point don't matter.

-----------------------------------

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Put back your save game and try again. If it works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Do make sure that you don't put ANYTHING other than your save back to test at first.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 28 of 100 (4,239 Views)

★★★★ Expert

If you get the error with mods installed, and don't get the error with no mods installed, then it's simple, you have a bad mod.

Easiest thing to do is to remove ALL your mods, play the game and confirm that you don't get the error.

Then move your mods back, A FEW at a time, and play the game again each time. Keep doing that until your game errors. That will tell you what mod(s) are causing the problem.

Message 29 of 100 (4,206 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictSorry for the late reply. I was able to do a factory reset, sifted through all my mods/cc, and found it was because of one outdated mod. I updated and that seems to have fixed the problem. This mod I'm pretty sure I can't mention on the boards, so I'll let the other people also working through their mods fill in the blanks there. I had also googled earlier to see if someone knew what mod could be causing this error and found that there is also a baby shower event causing this error. So I would suggest before doing your entire CC in batches, especially if you have a lot, see if your mods are all up-to-date first.

Message 30 of 100 (4,156 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help