Error-code-135dec40-3fbbecd0-00000064-0

by rallu07

Original Post

Error-code-135dec40-3fbbecd0-00000064-0

★★★★★ Novice

i just got a new pc, downloaded origin and sims 4 but when i try to run it i get a black screen and then it crashes with this error code 135dec40-3fbbecd0-00000064-00

i only get the error code when i try running it in 64 bit but as i had already purchsed the snowy escape pack before i changed my pc i can't enjoy the game fully if i switch to 32 bit in origin

i checked and my operating system is 64 bit with a x64-based processor and i can smoothly run other apps in 64 bit but i get this error code whenever i try it with the sims 4

i tried almost every solution i found online but to no avail, is there any way i could fix it or should i settle for running it in 32 bit?

Message 1 of 14 (666 Views)

Re: Error-code-135dec40-3fbbecd0-00000064-0

@rallu07  This is a frustrating error and doesn't always get fixed.  But we can certainly try.  Please first try running both Origin and Sims 4 as an admin: right-click on the Origin desktop shortcut and select "Run as administrator," and do the same for the Sims 4 shortcut, or the original TS4_x64.exe, if you don't have a desktop shortcut.

If that doesn't help, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Please also let me know what antivirus program you run.  Your new computer may have come with one pre-installed, so check the info you received as well as the Task Manager's background processes list.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 14 (654 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

running as admin didn't work and the only antivirus the pc seems to have is the windows defender but i have allowed the app through the firewall and the controlled folders. i have attached the dxdiag here if it's any help.

Message 3 of 14 (622 Views)

@rallu07  Please run a couple of basic checks of your Windows system files:

• Hit Windows key-X
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
  • Inside the window that appears, copy and paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here
  • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key-X again
  • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator)”
  • Inside the window, copy and paste “sfc /scannow” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • Post the message you receive here

Please also plug your monitor into your graphics card, not the motherboard.  While this may not be causing your current issue, it's better for game performance for the monitor to be connected directly to the card, so it should help down the road.  This is a diagram I like to borrow from someone else:

GPU port.jpg

Then download and install the newest graphics driver from Nvidia, which you can find here:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/170886/en-us

Restart before trying to play.

If you get the same error, please try playing in a new admin user account on your computer.  Don't import any settings or data, and don't sign into OneDrive.  You'll still be able to use your existing Origin account, and you won't need to redownload anything, but your saves and other content won't be available.

Message 4 of 14 (617 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

thank you for your advice, while it unfortunately didn't help with my error it definitely improved my pc's performance. i attached the message here. there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it.

Message 5 of 14 (588 Views)

@rallu07  Try manually uninstalling and reinstalling the VC++ runtimes that Sims 4 uses.  Start with the latest (2015-2019) runtimes, test, and go from there.  Click Windows key-i, select Apps, and scroll down to the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables.  Click on the 2015 (or 2017, or 2015-2019) versions, both x86 and x64, and Uninstall.  (Don't touch the versions from any other year.)  Then download and install new versions directly from Microsoft:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

You need both the x86 and x64 versions, but you can skip the ARM version, which is for a different class of device.  Restart your computer before trying to play.

If that doesn't help, you can repeat the process with the 2010 and 2013 runtimes, again both x86 and x64:

2010 x86:  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8328

2010 x64:  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13523

2013:  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

And again, restart after reinstalling and before trying to play.

Message 6 of 14 (579 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

i'm sorry for the late reply, i've been quite busy. i still couldn't fix it but someone said it could be something to do with the bios? i checked and mine is american megatrends inc 2003 10/11/2019, but since i don't know what i am doing when it comes to technology i don't feel like trying to update it myself because i don't wanna brick my pc. i could find someone to do it for me but it's not something i necessarily want to do for now unless it could help with my error so i wanted a second opinion.

Message 7 of 14 (526 Views)

@rallu07  I think it's unilkely that this is a BIOS issue.  This particular error happens at the Windows level, not the (deeper and more basic) motherboard software level.  While anything's possible, this is typically not the kind of problem that responds to a BIOS update.

If you do want to know whether you could update your BIOS, I'd need to know exactly what motherboard you have; you should be able to see a model number on the board, or perhaps in your computer's manual or on the order sheet if you bought a custom build.  Installing the wrong version can absolutely brick your computer, so it's important to get the model exactly right, down to the letter.

I'd still lean towards a typical software error though.  Did you ever try playing in the new admin user account on your computer?  That would be the easiest next step.

Otherwise, since it's been a couple weeks, please run a new dxdiag and attach it to a post.

Please also look for related crash dumps.  Click Windows key-R and copy and paste this:

%LocalAppData%\CrashDumps

When you enter, you'll see a list of .dmp files.  If one of them is from Sims 4, or Origin for that matter, please upload it to a third-party filehosting site (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) and link it here.

If there is no Sims 4 .dmp file, you can enable them:

• Hit the Windows key, type "command prompt" in the box, right-click on Command Prompt in the search results, and select Run as Administrator
  • In the window, paste "reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps\devenv.exe" /v DumpType /d 2 /t REG_DWORD" without the outside quotes into the box, and enter
  • Launch Sims 4 and wait for it to crash (whether you can play at all or not)
  • After it crashes, wait for any crash dialogs to finish
  • Then hit Windows key-R and paste "%LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps" without quotes into the box, and enter
  • Upload the last .dmp file to a free filesharing site and link it here
  • When you want to undo the auto crash log dumps, open Command Prompt as before, paste "reg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps" /f" without the outside quotes, and enter.

During all of this, please continue to use a clean Sims 4 user folder, just so that there aren't any complicating factors.

If you don't get any dump files with the above either, that's still useful information, as in, the game isn't crashing, something is blocking it.

Message 8 of 14 (511 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

i have tried running with a new admin account and i still get the error

the only dump files that i found were "GfxLauncher.exe.10740" and "GfxLauncher.exe.14728" and after entering the commands i didn't get any from sims or origin.

i have attached a new dxdiag as well

Message 9 of 14 (505 Views)

@rallu07  Do you have GeForce Experience installed, and do you have it set to optimize settings for Sims 4?  If so, please disable that setting.  It might be helpful to uninstall GFE entirely, but the cleanest way to do that is to uninstall and reinstall the graphics driver, this time without GFE.  Before you go that route though, I'd like to see the gfxlauncher dump files you mention.

Message 10 of 14 (499 Views)