Error: Data error (cyclic (Redundancy Check)

by animal2579p

Original Post

Accepted Solution

★ Novice

Trying mto install Island Paradise. Keep getting this message:

File D:\GameData\SharePackages\FullBuild_p19package.

I would like to get the game installed.

Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 9 (41,276 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Error: Data error (cyclic (Redundancy Check)

Hero

See if this link helps you: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/error-cyclic-redundancy-check.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (49,039 Views)

All Replies

Hero

See if this link helps you: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/error-cyclic-redundancy-check.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (49,040 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Has anyone found  a way to fix this yet?  I bought a new computer and was installing all my sim expansions on it.  When i got to High end loft I put in the key and it started to install.  About 1/4th of the way throught the install it aused and I gwet an error.   The Error I got is :  

File: D:\Game\Bin\Gameplay\GameplyData.package Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

it did not finish installing....I have tried to look up how to fix the issue and came across a forum that said to defragment my computer. I did that and it is still not working.  I would like to intall this expansion and not have to buy it again.  Please Help.

Message 3 of 9 (37,815 Views)

Hero

Did you try all the suggestions in the thread I linked above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (37,812 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got a message similar to this when reinstalling the sims university. The message basically means that the disc drive is having problems reading the disc. And if it cant read it, it cant install it. This problem can be caused by a number of reasons, such as a faulty disc drive or a scratched disc. After hours of looking online for a solution, I eventually just gave the disc a wipe. Simple as that, it worked. Even the smallest spec of dust or smudge can cause issues reading the disc, so useless as it may seem, try this!

Message 5 of 9 (35,148 Views)

★ Novice

This link doesn't work at all.  I have tried three disks.  UGH it's so frustrating.  I had this problem with Island Paradise (2 disks) and Seasons (3 disks).  I hate to keep sending them back to EA.  Also, they suggested a digital download but origin and the download kick me out of my internet and screw it up so that doesn't work either. I will try the wiping the disk as suggested below.

Message 6 of 9 (35,138 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thank you so much it really helped

Message 7 of 9 (33,277 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Wiping the disc worked great for me! Installed as fast as the other expansions
Message 8 of 9 (19,228 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Maybe the autorun for the game is doing that.
Message 9 of 9 (16,993 Views)