Re: Save file is keeping me from opening my families

by SwordOfLea

Original Post

Error Code 811

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I load my game and get to the city and as I try to press play an error code811 says I need to try and relaunch but that doesn’t work and it stays on loading screen forever please help 

Message 1 of 16 (1,351 Views)

Re: Error Code 811

Hero
@slimm1106 Are you using mods/cc in your game ? If so, have you tried without them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (1,275 Views)

Save file is keeping me from opening my families

★★ Novice

Hello, 

I have a new problem with my game. 

I can't open any of my families, here is the error code that is showing when I try to: error code 811. I tried to follow the "troubleshooting steps" this website is proposing and it seems like it's one of my save files that is causing the issue. It's weird because before I changed computers, I used to save my files on and reupload my game and everything worked perfectly. Now that I changed, it seems like one of my save files is problematic.  Can you help me ? Thanks ! 

Message 3 of 16 (1,260 Views)

Hero
@SwordOfLea Are you using mods/cc on the computer it didn't work with ?

merged your post with another thread on this error

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (1,242 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, I usually use mods/cc with my game but when I reinstalled it, I removed them completely, that's why I know that they are not the cause of my problem. 

Message 5 of 16 (1,184 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@SwordOfLea It's possible that the save got corrupted.

To be sure: The same save works on one computer but not on the other ?

Did you delete the localthumbcahce file after removing mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 16 (1,166 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes exactly. I was facing problems with my last computer and I made the process of saving my save files and reinstalling it right after and everything was fine. However, now that I changed, there is a problem. 

No, I didn't know I had to delete this file after removing my mods...

Message 7 of 16 (1,124 Views)

Hero

Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 16 (1,098 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey I've been having the same problem, haven't played sims in a long while, so downloaded origin and sims 4 again had to also download the legacy edition, I read through a lot of feeds and copied and pasted my original saves and tray, I've never used any additional mods or custom things within it. Every time I try to access my households it comes up with 'The game failed to load. Error code: 811 It is recommended that you relaunch the game'. I have reset to factory settings and started a new game and it works fine but when I put my saved game in it still has the error.

Message 9 of 16 (733 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @sara123485 

Would you be willing to share your affected save(s)?  If so, instructions on how to share files are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 16 (709 Views)