Original Post

Re: Error Code 131

★ Guide

Thank you

Message 11 of 32 (2,957 Views)

★ Apprentice

hey may I pop into this conversation?

I had that error pop up as well a few days ago actually, and I am wondering whether it is connected to pets going missing.

The last time I played said family, their dog went missing. I then saved and quit, played another family the next day and stuff.

when I returned to that family, the error 131 popped up.

I was curious, so I loaded the family again.

Everything worked fine, but the game threw a LastException that I am going to attach here.

Yes I use Mods, but I am totally aware of stuff working (I'm with the MCCC support crew, whew).
And I know that there's a mod in that LE that you won't like. Just please take that LE as a first note for now, I'm gonna try to bring a vanilla one as well.

Another thing that is the reason why I suspect 131 and missing pet to be linked: The dog is still grey-ish in the little picture menu in Live Mode.

I can't take him to the vet (he is sick) because when I am there, it says that I need to bring a pet.

I can't even use debug cheats on it, they will apply to my currently played sim.

Next thing I am going to do is see whether I can reproduce that error vanilla, just to be sure it is an EA error. but since people reported it here, it seems like it it.

Message 12 of 32 (2,917 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Dogs running away happens. You can post a wanted notice on any computer. It will return by itself in two to three days.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 13 of 32 (2,911 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah but that isn't my problem here.

The LastException is all over with missing pet returning fail.

Plus, the pet is on my lot. It's running around. Living. I can interact with it. It IS there.

Message 14 of 32 (2,907 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Have you tried travelling to another lot and back?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 15 of 32 (2,900 Views)

★ Apprentice

surprise. I got it vanilla. Well, almost. lol

What I did to make it pop up:

I created an entirely new save. Single sim, pet.

I used MCCC's debug cheats to make the pet run away (ok I admit I have been using MCCC for that. I don't have time rn to wait for the pet to run away on its own. Can do that tomorrow)

Anyway. Let the pet run away, Save&Exit. When I got back into that household, the pet was still missing, just as I wanted it to.

Now, my next suspect was that the time for that run-away-action has passed and the pet should have returned already (1-2-ish days I guess?) and that's what broke it.

So, off to the BFF household, let them play for two to three sim days, then save&exit again. booted up the game again and went to load up my first household and: tada, I present to you, a fresh Error Code 131. 

I then go to load my household again, and, tada, a LastException is created. I attached that file here as well. Fresh one.

Pet is gray in that lil menu down there, but present on the lot. moves, lives. Also got the notification that dog has returned and I should greet her.

Message 16 of 32 (2,898 Views)

★ Apprentice

@jpkarlsen

Travelled to another lot, went to vet clinic, moved the dog between households (to goths, loaded them, no success, back, still no success), did a game repair, did a folder refresh, nothing. Only option I see is to save the household to the gallery and get the not-broken dog back from there.

Message 17 of 32 (2,897 Views)

Champion (Retired)

This seems to be a bug. Please make a new posting in the bugs forum (to use the bug template). Include steps and details as outlined here. Also attach the lastexception so developers can have a look at it.

Thanks in advance.

Message 18 of 32 (2,880 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks for reading that btw. :D

Gonna do that tomorrow. Standard smile

Message 19 of 32 (2,877 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

HI @niesniesmeow

just popping in here. If it's about error 131, please don't post in the bug forum. If you have it reproducibly, please upload your save somewhere and PM me the link instead.

If it's about the animal not returning, there's already a thread on this here:: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-CD-Pet-still-missing-after-returning-home/td-p/6482683...

I haven't add that yet as the OP never came back.

Also, as I learned, the whole number for these errors are important. Since the number seems to be the same for the other people, you posted in exactly the correct thread.

@Tahemet Did you also have an animal run away ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 32 (2,870 Views)