Error Code 104:5ee05594:12f1df4c Baby taken

by EmmiBear98

Original Post

Error Code 104:5ee05594:12f1df4c Baby taken

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So I just started playing yesterday (Origin was doing a free download of the base game so it's all legit no mods or torrents or anything) and I only saved twice within a minute of each other right before I stopped playing last night so I don't have any other save files (Hit save then hit save and exit just to be sure) and now every time I try either of my saves it starts to load and then pops up

"The game failed to load. Error code 104:5ee05594:12f1df4c. It is recommended that you relaunch the game."

And then the corner of my screen has a notification that says one of my baby's has been taken away due to neglect (even though I made sure she was fine before I saved and out of the three babies only that one has been taken away?) It's really frustrating and I'm not a terribly techy person so reading through the forums of the few other people who've had this  problem the suggestions make no sense to me. How can I fix this without losing my baby? Thanks.

UPDATE: Tried clearing my cache as EA's tech support suggested. Didn't help.

Posts Merged by CM

Message 1 of 2 (478 Views)

Re: Error Code 104:5ee05594:12f1df4c Baby taken

Hero

Hi @EmmiBear98 

usually, if a baby is gone, it's gone. There's nothing you can do to get it back other than loading an older save game.

The error message does occur when there's an issue with the baby.

You said you saved twice, this isn't enough to overwrite all automatic backup the game makes. There's four backups so MAYBE just MAYBE you get lucky and there's one that still has all babies.

I can offer to look at your saves folder and see if there's a working backup and if not, at least try to find a way to get rid of the error message.

If that works for you, zip your entire saves folder (found in documents\electronicarts\thesims4) and upload it to google drive, one drive or dropbox.

Then PM me the link.

If you want to check the automatic backups yourself, here's instructions for that: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (431 Views)