Re: Error Code 0xc000007b Preventing Game Startup

by adermc93

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice
@JanssJS I ran a hard scan of my drive and then reinstalled the game. It works now!
Message 21 of 50 (1,221 Views)

★★ Novice

hey, how did you fix your game? I have the same problem and I can't find a way

Message 22 of 50 (1,207 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, I recently had the same problem following this update. I had to go through all my mods and make sure that they were updated otherwise I came across the error code. However, when I put my saved games back in the folder the error code started to pop back up. So, after trying literally everything I just came to a decision to delete my saved games and start over. Ever since I haven't gotten the error code again. 

Message 23 of 50 (1,150 Views)

Error Message after installing The Sims Snowy Escape

★★★★ Novice

Every time I launch Origin I get a message that says 

"igoproxy64.exe - Application Error

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b).

Click OK to close application"

but Origin will launch. However when I try to start The Sims 4, I get this message:

"TS4_x64.exe - Application Error

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b).

Click OK to close application"

And The Sims 4 will not start.

I have uninstalled Origin and The Sims and reinstalled both and I am still getting the message.

Is this a known issue? Is there a fix?

Message 24 of 50 (1,144 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@SarahCSLima

@tayashwal  @TiaNicole20 

Hi! I fixed my game by doing a hard scan of my drive, restarting my PC, and waiting until the next day. I had been receiving errors before that I fixed MSVCP140.dll and VCRUNTIME140.dll. I fixed those and then received the same error that you are getting. Do not download new dll files from the internet as they may be corrupted. I can walk you through any steps you may need.

Message 25 of 50 (1,130 Views)

★★★ Novice
@noodlebuilds can you explain "hard scan" for me pls?
Message 26 of 50 (1,092 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@lindseycSure!

I have a link that will explain it better than I can:

www.lifewire.com/how-to-scan-a-hard-drive-using-error-checking-2624497

Alternatively, you can try:
https://www.lifewire.com/chkdsk-command-2625838

If these don't work let me know! I can try and help some other way.

Message 27 of 50 (1,080 Views)

★★★ Novice
@noodlebuilds thanks! I've tried everything and my game still won't launch.. super frustrated
Message 28 of 50 (1,054 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@lindseyc What have you tried so far? It took me a full week to get mine running again so I feel your pain.
Message 29 of 50 (1,038 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have literally done EVERYTHING that EA support/other simmers/forums have told me, I'm going to loose my mind. I have updated all mods, updated the game, repaired it god knows how many times, un-installed and re-installed Origin AND Sims 4 twice, allowed access to the administrator, checked the virus and protection tab and made sure there was access, tried to do a hard scan but I don't have a Tools tab in my properties. I can get into Origin fine, but as soon as I click play it comes up with the "igoproxy64.exe- Application error. This application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click ok to close the application" error message. I haven't been able to play the Sims 4 in weeks because it just won't work! EA support didn't help. I am going insane - does anyone have any other suggestions or can honestly help me with this PLEASE?!

removed screenshots showing personal information.  -puzzlezaddict

Message 30 of 50 (1,009 Views)