Re: Error Code 0xc000007b Preventing Game Startup

by sbl3456

Original Post

Error Code 0xc000007b Preventing Game Startup

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Ever since the update I have been getting error code 0xc000007b any time I try and launch the game. This is preventing me from playing the game at all. I have done everything I know to fix the issue as well as talked with EA Help and still no fix. I am not expecting to get a fix from this but rather want to bring attention to the issue and ensure it is being fixed

Edit By Crinrict: Removed Tags. Tags are used to increase the visibility of known common issues.

Message 1 of 50 (2,805 Views)

Hero
@sbl3456 What security software are you using ? Is this the only error you're getting or do you also get errors about the MSVCP140.DLL ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 50 (2,791 Views)

TS4_x64.exe Application Error (0xc000007b)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

After I fixed the error codes MSVCP140.dll and VCRUNTIME140.dll I received a new error code, 0xc000007b. I know that it's because a 32 bit and a 64 bit are mixing together but I have tried everything. It happened after updating my computer. It only happens when I try to open Sims 4. I made a backup file of my sims game and uninstalled it (then reinstalled it), I have run compatibility tests, I have downloaded new dll files and uploaded them to System32 and SysWOW64, I have downloaded Direct X, .NET Framework, and Microsoft Visual C++. I would really appreciate any help I could get because I've been working on these errors for 3 days now. Thank you!

Message 3 of 50 (2,788 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Do you know some ways to fix this error? I fixed the MSVCP140.dll error and the VCRUNTIME140.dll error and then the 0xc000007b error popped up.

Message 4 of 50 (2,770 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I originally had the error codes mentioned below and so I went onto microsoft and downloaded the necessary files but now get the error code 0xc000007b. 

Message 5 of 50 (2,755 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue, I had those two at first but after installing both files I now get the error code that it can't star up properly.

Message 6 of 50 (2,754 Views)

Sims 4 on PC: TS4_x64.exe Application Error

★★★ Newbie

Disclaimer: I am not a super technical person, and I just need help figuring out how to make my game work again! Please please help if you know how to explain things to someone who doesn't know what they are doing haha.

Every time I try to open the Sims 4 I get the following error message:

TS4_x64.exe Application Error

The application was unable to start correctly (0x000007b). Click OK to close the application.

And that's it. It just won't even try to run. I have tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling it, and I get the same message. I updated Origin, and made sure my PC had all the most recent updates. I restarted my PC. Not sure what else to try - that's where my nerd level tops out and I don't know what to do haha. 

Message 7 of 50 (2,762 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@sbl3456I heard that people worldwide are experiencing some similar issues with error codes. It could be a problem with Origin.

Message 8 of 50 (2,740 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@sbl3456 Did you edit the compatibility of the software you are trying to use?
Message 9 of 50 (2,737 Views)

Re: Sims 4 on PC: TS4_x64.exe Application Error

★★★★★ Novice
@JanssJS Hi! I'm having the same issue too. I've actually figured out some ways that may help you. Try running some compatibility tests, you can also do a scan to see if the problem shows up. Basically, a 32 bit is trying to mix with the 64-bit game. Did you have the MSVCP140.dll error and the VCRUNTIME140.dll error? Most of us are receiving those errors and when we fix them we get the dreaded 0x000007b error. Downloading new dll files is very dangerous as they may be corrupt so I would not suggest doing so.
Message 10 of 50 (2,651 Views)