Error 803 Legacy Edition

by MonKind

Original Post

Re: Error 803 Legacy Edition

Hero
@yaraeyad You got an error message about the legacy edition and that was solved by removing mods ?

Or are you getting a 803 error ? Did you save your game with broken mods in ? Do you have blue squares on the map ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 16 (518 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey I have legacy and have been getting error message 803. When I moved my files out of the electronic arts folder the game started and worked. I have also stopped OneDrive syncing. 

what I am trying to do is open a save file from a friend as I can’t access gallery and we decided to try it by sharing a save file manually. 

when I try to load the world I get a notice that things will be missing and then when I attempt to load the lot I get error code 803 as pictured

Is what I’m trying even possible? 

Message 12 of 16 (482 Views)

Hero
@jordanedougherty Does the friend have packs you don't own ?

You can ask your friend to export the houses/Sims you want to their library and send you the files instead. They should be in the tray folder

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 16 (455 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I used to have this problem A LOT and was always, always told that they had never heard of that before (even though I had reported it a few times). Where I own and have always owned and have always had a computer with a graphics card capable of the full version of the Sims 4. I recently switched to a higher end computer, and didn't have any issues until today. I played the Sims 4 yesterday (yes, it was the full version as it always has been) and tried to launch it this morning only to get that stupid legacy edition error. I've tried repairing my game, removing all files, etc. There is no explaination.

Now the EA app is showing that my collection and everything is blank. I have no way of checking on how the 3rd repair I'm doing is going.

Message 14 of 16 (257 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

So I dug around for the last time I had to deal with this problem to figure out how I solved it all those previous times.

Instructions are as follows:

1. If you have mods/cc, remove them. (I recommend just cut and paste into a backup folder.)

2. Clear all exceptions. (You can literally drag any last exceptions to the trash.)

3. Repair the game. (This can be done by clicking on the button "Manage" for the Sims 4 game, then selecting "Repair" from the drop down menu.) - Depending on how many packs you have, this can take a while.

When checking to see if it worked, try to launch the game before putting any mods/cc back in. If it doesn't work, ask EA. If it does, you can add your mods/cc back into the folder. If it worked before adding the mods/cc and doesn't work after, it is likely a problem with mods/cc. So far, this method has worked for me.

Another tip, always backup your saves. Just in case.

Message 15 of 16 (254 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all,

This thread has gotten a bit older now, so it's been locked to prevent necro-posting.

If you're needing further help on this topic, please feel free to create a new thread so we can look into this with you Standard smile 

solaire.png

Message 16 of 16 (207 Views)