Error 803 Legacy Edition

by MonKind

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Error 803 Legacy Edition

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

yesterday i played sims 4 with the normal edition after updating to the newest version and everything worked well. Today the game didn't start at all and the origin game launcher suggested downloading the legacy version. So i did download the legacy version. Now everytime i start the game i get the message that the 32bit version is unstable with the packs i use (cats & dogs, the family one an a few others. I don't know the english names XD) an i should try using 64bit. Another thing is the error 803 i get everytime i try to load a saved game.

Thank you for helping

M

Message 1 of 16 (4,085 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Error 803 Legacy Edition

[ Edited ]

@MonKind  Your dxdiag lists a number of errors that are most likely related to your graphics card driver.  Some of these list the 32-bit version of Sims 4; none list the 64-bit version.  So it's not entirely clear that the problem with the 64-bit version is driver related, although it could be.

Since it's simpler, the first thing to try is to move your entire Sims 4 game folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, if it launches, a clean folder will be created with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder; just see whether you can start a new save and play for a bit.  Let me know either way.

If that doesn't help, temporarily disable your antivirus/firewall, just long enough to see whether it helps.  If it does, you can set exceptions for TS4_x64.exe and Origin.exe.

If the game still won't load properly, the next step would be to do a clean uninstall and reinstall of your graphics driver.  First, download Display Driver Uninstaller from here:

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2747

You can download a fresh driver here:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/158180/en-us

Next, take your computer completely offline—disable wifi and/or pull the ethernet cord—and double-click the DDU.exe.  Take note of where the file will land, and click Extract.  If it's easier, you can copy the path and then paste it into the address bar in a File Explorer window.  Open the folder and then Display Driver Uninstaller.exe, and you'll get a message that you're not in Safe Mode.  Click OK, then go to Options and enable Safe Mode dialog.  Here's a screenshot of what your options should look like; make sure the box in red is checked:

DDU 1.1.png

Close options, and the DDU, and then open the DDU.exe again.  For launch options, choose "Safe Mode (Recommended)," and then click Reboot to Safe Mode (you'll need your password, so find it before rebooting).  Once you login, you'll see this:

DDU 2.png

In the blue box, choose GPU, then Nvidia if it's not already showing.  Then click Clean and Restart red box).

Once your computer has rebooted, now back in normal mode, run the driver install .exe in custom mode. Select "perform a clean installation" and install ONLY the GPU driver and the PHYSX software.

Reboot again and see whether you can launch the game.  If not, let me know.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 5 of 16 (3,951 Views)

All Replies

@MonKind  If your computer ran the standard version of Sims 4 yesterday, it should run the standard version today; you don't need the Legacy Edition.  Origin sometimes suggests the LE to people who don't need it, for whatever reason, but you can ignore that.  The question is why the standard version suddenly doesn't work.  Please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can switch back to the standard version in Origin.  Open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, select Game Properties > Advanced Launch Options, and select 64-bit from the dropdown menu.

Your saves don't work in the LE because they've been played and saved under a newer version of the game.  The LE is permanently stuck at patch level 1.56, while the current patch level is 1.61.

Message 2 of 16 (4,050 Views)

@MonKind 

Could you please provide a screenshot of the 803 error message?

The saves don't work at all?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 3 of 16 (4,018 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I already red the thing with the saved games somewhere, but thank you for that Standard smile

Message 4 of 16 (3,982 Views)

[ Edited ]

@MonKind  Your dxdiag lists a number of errors that are most likely related to your graphics card driver.  Some of these list the 32-bit version of Sims 4; none list the 64-bit version.  So it's not entirely clear that the problem with the 64-bit version is driver related, although it could be.

Since it's simpler, the first thing to try is to move your entire Sims 4 game folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, if it launches, a clean folder will be created with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder; just see whether you can start a new save and play for a bit.  Let me know either way.

If that doesn't help, temporarily disable your antivirus/firewall, just long enough to see whether it helps.  If it does, you can set exceptions for TS4_x64.exe and Origin.exe.

If the game still won't load properly, the next step would be to do a clean uninstall and reinstall of your graphics driver.  First, download Display Driver Uninstaller from here:

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2747

You can download a fresh driver here:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/158180/en-us

Next, take your computer completely offline—disable wifi and/or pull the ethernet cord—and double-click the DDU.exe.  Take note of where the file will land, and click Extract.  If it's easier, you can copy the path and then paste it into the address bar in a File Explorer window.  Open the folder and then Display Driver Uninstaller.exe, and you'll get a message that you're not in Safe Mode.  Click OK, then go to Options and enable Safe Mode dialog.  Here's a screenshot of what your options should look like; make sure the box in red is checked:

DDU 1.1.png

Close options, and the DDU, and then open the DDU.exe again.  For launch options, choose "Safe Mode (Recommended)," and then click Reboot to Safe Mode (you'll need your password, so find it before rebooting).  Once you login, you'll see this:

DDU 2.png

In the blue box, choose GPU, then Nvidia if it's not already showing.  Then click Clean and Restart red box).

Once your computer has rebooted, now back in normal mode, run the driver install .exe in custom mode. Select "perform a clean installation" and install ONLY the GPU driver and the PHYSX software.

Reboot again and see whether you can launch the game.  If not, let me know.

Message 5 of 16 (3,952 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@puzzlezaddictmowing the game folder worked. What shall i do now and can i integrate my saved files?

Message 6 of 16 (3,937 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@puzzlezaddictand now it stopped working again. I played for awhile than saved the game. Some time after this i restarted my computer and afterwards tried to play but the game didn't start again

Message 7 of 16 (3,901 Views)

@MonKind  Do you have OneDrive set to automatically sync the contents of Documents?  If so, or if you're not sure, please disable that auto sync, or disable OneDrive entirely.  Here's how to prevent a folder from syncing:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/choose-which-onedrive-folders-to-sync-to-your-computer-98b8...

For your old saves, yes, you can transfer them to the new folder.  It's best to leave that until the new folder is working properly, but when it is, you can simply transfer over the save files, and anything else you want to keep.  Here's a complete list of everything in your game folder:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/user-files-explained/

If you want to keep the new save that you created, be sure to rename it to give it a different number than your old saves, or else one will overwrite the other.  For example, the new save you created is probably labeled Slot_00000002.save; number it Slot_00000012.save, or some other number none of your old saves have.

Message 8 of 16 (3,873 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@puzzlezaddict  thanks for all your help. I tried using the repair function of origin and now everything works! I also tried restarting the game and the computer and it still works!

Message 9 of 16 (3,844 Views)

★★ Novice

i moves my entire sims folder to my desktop and my game worked and i was able to play but now i wanna add my saves to my saves folder but it was the thing that was causing my error so what do i do now ?????

Message 10 of 16 (3,137 Views)