Re: Error 800 Lot Bug

by crinrict

Original Post

Error 800 Lot Bug

★★★ Apprentice

I am getting an error 800 pop up with 2 lots in my game. I don't know what caused the problem. At first I thought it was because I added the City Living food stalls on both lots. That is the only change I've made and I've had these same lots ever since the game came out in 2014. BUT, I have a different lot that has a food stall and that lot is not bugged...yet?

So far I have tried:

- Update game via Origin; I'm already fully patched.
- Repair game via Origin; it didn't download or repair anything. I have all EP's/GP's/SP's.
- Recreate new "The Sims 4" folder and replace the Mods/Saves/Screenshots/Tray folders with my actual old folders.
- Place a house from the Gallery while in the Manage Worlds screen; didn't work but just showed the animation of Building Lots for over 20 minutes.
- Enter the lot in Build mode; I get error 800.
- Added a test sim and moved then into the lot; I get error 800 when trying to play.
- Have another Sim buy the empty lot as Retail store; I get error 800.

Does anyone have any additional suggestions?

Message 1 of 26 (1,844 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@trapt2821 Did you try completely removing any mods/CC that you have, then clearing your cache and repairing?  If you still experience the error in your saved game, try to start a new save and see if you can recreate the issue under the same conditions (food stalls on lot)?  Once mods/CC are out of the equation, I will also try to reproduce it.

Message 2 of 26 (1,821 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue and it's now affecting all the community lots in Willow Creek. Started with the Blue Velvet nightclub being gone when I would send a Sim there. The lot would be set to "residential" and the entire venue was gone. I could reset the lot type and rebuild the venue from a saved version in my gallery. This happened 2-3 times. Now it throws the 800 error and I cannot travel there with a Sim, or try to build on the lot from the neighborhood screen.

I just tried to visit the museum and gym in that area and got the same bug.

I too have tried the things listed above and none worked.

Message 3 of 26 (1,778 Views)

Hero

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 26 (1,775 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I uploaded it. It's called ckovel2000 saves.

I have all expansion packs and stuff packs except the most recent vampire expansion pack. I usually use the MC Command Center mods, but removing them didn't solve the problem.

Anything you uncover would be helpful!

Message 5 of 26 (1,767 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero

I'll take a look later today

EDIT: 

@ckovel2000 Your save is HUGE. Are you actually playing with all these families ? I don't know if there's any save game bloating going on for you. I'm assuming that it's a probably too big and your computer is running into some kind of memory issue so that the lots can't be loaded anymore.

I'll forward your save to the devs but I fear all you can do for the moment, is try to reduce the file size. Maybe mark families you're not playing as not played, reduce inventories, reduce relationships, ...

I've loaded one of your lots and the RAM usage is at 4 GB. How much RAM do you have ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 26 (1,752 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have 16GB of RAM.

So, I play every household, rotating around periodically. Is that abnormal? Is that not how the game is supposed to be played? I realize it's a huge save; I just thought that kind of file size was normal for this game. Standard smile It's the way I've been playing the game since the first version of the Sims. The current save has households that have been around for probably 20 generations.

If I mark households as unplayed will that help?

The lots in Willow Creek are all starting to become corrupted. I just went into a house I've had for a long time, and I got the error that certain items were incompatible and were being removed. It removed almost ALL of the furniture.

Message 7 of 26 (1,741 Views)

Hero

As a comparison, the game I've played the longest is 10 MB.and I'm in my 6th generation on that one. I only have a few played families though and haven't maxed out relationships with too many Sims like you do.

The game is supposed to be played however you want to play it but to me it seems, the file size and RAM usage isn't very optimal. I'm not saying it's how it should be but trying to find out the reason why your lots start disappearing. When you replace the lots in Willow creek, do they get their icons back on map view ? I've noticed that they are all missing

If your save game is that old, it's possible that it suffers from some old save bloating issue as well but I don't know how to get that down.

I would make a backup and try if if gets better if you play some families that aren't that important as unplayed. They will loose they're relationships though due to relationship culling.

Which lot did you have that error message on (where all the furniture got removed) ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 26 (1,725 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sorry for the late response. It's the "Lap of Luxury" lot in Willow Creek. I have a family in there called the HootiePooties (that was embarrassing to type!).

Thanks for your help, and thanks for all you do for the Simmer community. Your posts and bug lists have saved me on many an occasion. We all owe you a lot.

Message 9 of 26 (1,705 Views)

Hero

I'll check that one out to see if I can reproduce the error (which I haven't so far)

I've forwarded your save, not much more I can do atm.

And thanks for the compliment :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 26 (1,699 Views)