Re: Error 12 Issue: More dedicated memory needed?

by roberta591

Original Post

Re: Error 12 Issue: More dedicated memory needed?

Hero (Retired)

I used to sell laptops to people who said "I'm not going to play games on my laptop" only to have them come back and ask why the laptop I sold them won't play this game. You have picked a game that is very demanding of the processor and the video system. If you buy a laptop today that won't play some packs that would eliminate you getting these packs in the future. All the laptops you have looked at are entry level student/business laptops that are great for multimedia, social media, and less demanding games. Integrated graphics has come a long way in the last few years but they are still mostly in the gaming entry level. Some packs require more power then entry level. Laptops can not be upgraded. With this in mind you need to look for at least a mid level gaming laptop with a dedicated (not dedicated like) graphics chip. Look at ibuypower.com and look at the laptops with Nvidia graphics chips. Look at Cyberpowerpc.com Both of these companies have very competitive prices. Major resellers tend to have conservative settings so users don't use settings that cause customer service calls. TS3 MAY run on some of the laptops you are looking at (how well?). From what I have seen this game require a solid mid level gaming computer and you won't get that with integrated graphics.

Message 21 of 21 (125 Views)