Re: Error code 102:c4ef4efa:d5f5de09 unable move elders without losing club poin

by parda1970

Original Post

Error code 102:c4ef4efa:d5f5de09 unable move elders without losing club points

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi

Whenever I move household with an elder (either on their own or with a family to a property with other elders) the game crashes and gives the above error message. It then will let e reload but then all the clubs points reset to zero. I can still play by going back to a previous save but it's frustrating not being able to move my elders.

I have only had this problem since the patch, I wondered if it's a problem with ghosts as I get constant messages duplicated 5 at a time telling me ex sims spirits are fading.

Never used mods.

Not deleted sims.

Message 11 of 24 (965 Views)

Re: Error code 102:c4ef4efa:d5f5de09 unable move elders without losing club poin

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @therhythmicbabe

merged your post with existing thread.

Thanks for the extra info. That will help pinpoint the issue

Looks like it's related to this one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TROUBLESHOOT-GT-Club-perks-and-points-reset/m-p/6521873

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 24 (958 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you very much Party hat

Message 13 of 24 (947 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi.

My first time posting here. And my game is in spanish, so... i will do my best with the proper names of the UI.

I am playing with one legacy game, since the sims 4 was released, with all the families in all the worlds. The tipicals and the new ones from the EP.

So... after installing pets code error 102:c4ef4efa:d5f5de09 came to life.

I have kind of the same problem loading certain families after merging via managing worlds. Elders or young sims, the age doesn't matter. And only certain sims of one family have this issue that I can´t move them to another household.

One day I saw that some of my dead sims, from past generations, were living in empty houses, and they weren't ghosts, they were normally sims; and marked as active household but without the house name. And the living families that are related with these ones are the same active families that have this merging problem.

I had a graveyard where I put all the thumbstones. I don't like play with ghosts. Maybe this was a mistake. But I did it when the issues with the genalogy came out, that time when the image of the predecessor (i hope write it fine) dissapeared.

And now looking for answers about the error 102:c4ef4efa:d5f5de09 I read in this post that I can ignore the message that sais restart the game. I did it. And the household load fine, but without all the club points and perks.

This is annoying because is the second time that the club perks and points have this issue.

I am in the fourth generation and have 42 families that I played (legacy of all families in all the worlds...) 154 active sims plus pets.

I hope that this could be fixed in some way.

Thanks.

Message 14 of 24 (913 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @parda1970 thanks for all the info, it's super appreciated! We've been able to reproduce this issue as well, and our engineers are actively investigating Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 15 of 24 (874 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi.

New comment about this. And it is very worrying...

I've started a completely new legacy game. With the same characteristics that I mentioned. I repaired the game. Started on a new "the sims 4" folder and even reinstalled everything.

I made a test in this and killed one sim. Then I merged one member of this family via managing worlds and the the error code 102:c4ef4efa:d5f5de09 appears!!!!! In a completely new game and new installation!!!!

I stoped playing the game (because of work) before the patch that includes the ghosts features, when a message appears and says "the spirit of "X" is vanishing..." or something like that (my language is spanish); and play it again with pets (I have all the expansions installed). Before this I never had an issue or problem with anything.

So... I reached the conclusion that the problem is the sims that died in the game, and affect all the family members. If I am playing a legacy it is a really worrying problem. Means that I can not play the sims untill you fixed this. 

I love play this game, I play it since the Sims 1. 

Message 16 of 24 (862 Views)

★ Apprentice

I forgot to mentioned that when I stoped playing the sims (because of work), the other characteristic of the patch is "the favorite families". I don't know if both characteristics (ghosts and favorite families) came in the same patch or are separated patchs.

I hope that this information is useful for you.

Message 17 of 24 (860 Views)

★ Apprentice

I remembered that the last patch that I installed was UPDATE: 8/22/2017 – PC Version 1.33.38.1020 / Mac Version 1.33.38.1220

Then I stoped playing and didn't buyed pets.

I play again on december. And buy pets on a Origin sale with the 30% off (before the Christmas sale).

Then for my test with the new legacy game I buyed Toddler stuff and The washing machines stuff.

This is the timing that I remember. I hope this help you to locate where is the problem to prevent that the new sims that will die affect the families  102:c4ef4efa:d5f5de09

Message 18 of 24 (859 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi again.

Made other test...

On a new game the error 102:c4ef4efa:d5f5de09 appears only when clicked on the thumbstone "liberate spirit" . If I kept the spirit everything is ok, I can merge members with other families active or non active.

So, I can play with the gosts, but when the game itself will erase that spirits I assumend that the error 102:c4ef4efa:d5f5de09 will came up. Because is what happened with my original legacy game. I had a graveyard where I put all the thumbstones. And when this error begins went to the graveyard and none of the spirits were available. Only the default option from an emtpy thumbstone.

Message 19 of 24 (846 Views)

Error 102:c4ef4efa:d5f5de09 problem with dead sims and deleted ghosts

★ Apprentice

Hi.

I upload my files on OneDrive

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlWdv0lOZmQjonCHoQFKu8bL82nj

I play with no CC.

• The error appears only when a sim die + liberate the spirit + merge any family member with another family, anyone... And then when I want to play with any family the error appears.
  • If I let the ghost exist everything goes ok. I can play normally.
  • If I ignore the error and doesn’t restart the game, and select the same family to play, it let me in but reset all the perks and club points. And this is repeated every time I want to enter a family, even if it has been ignored before on a previous family.

So... I can play with ghosts (I don’t like it) but, If I am playing a legacy game, a day will come when the game itself erase this ghosts, and then the error will appear again?

I hope that you can fix this soon because it is affecting legacy games, older or new ones. I've tried on a new Sims 4 folder. With all expansions and stuff packs installed. All patches installed. On a clean installation and happens the same thing.

Message 20 of 24 (778 Views)