Re: Error 102/122

by BlackyVickers

Original Post

★ Apprentice

That's the exact same thing that happens to me...

Message 151 of 185 (1,015 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This happened because you deleted a house hold involving a sims with a relationship bug. Reload your reserve saves prior to deleting household and don't delete anymore households until EA / Maxis fixes the issue.

To get rid of some sims,

I killed off some sims by drowning them

I then let them pass on and destroyed their tombstones.

Haven't encountered this error since.

Message 152 of 185 (993 Views)

★★ Novice

I reload my files and dress my sims then I get the problem again 

Message 153 of 185 (984 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Did you delete any sims from any household?
Reload to an earlier save than that and don't delete any sims. Just kill them off if you need to get rid of them.

Message 154 of 185 (956 Views)

★ Novice

Hi! I had the exact same problem, I just downloaded Cats and Dogs and it happened to do that. But, I'd just like to say that clicking ''NEW GAME'' will actually work (just back up your saves file if you want to save your old save). I can now play again with cats and dogs and everything in the new update. Plus I'm using cc and its working very well. Thank you for the help.

Message 155 of 185 (936 Views)

★ Novice

I have encountered exactly the same problem of not being able to load a game. The screen goes dark and the 102 error code appears telling me to reload the game. It does the same thing on reloading.

It is very frustrating.

Message 156 of 185 (905 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polish
How often does the bug occur? 100% can't load any household right now
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Luxury Party, Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Spooky, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, Kids Room, Backyard, Vintage Glamour, Bowling Night.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Trying to play any household 
What happens when the bug occurs? The loading screen turns dark and later on error 102 appears
What do you expect to see? Households should be playable 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes but it didn't work without them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest patch

I was trying to delete randomly generated households. I was doing this earlier without any problems but after Cats & Dogs release I got this error. It's like I have two problems at once. I do not want those randoms walk around my world in The Sims 4 and now I can't even delete them cause I'm getting errors.

Yes. I assume this bug has something to do with broken relationship after deleting some households. I do really hope this will be fixes somehow fast cause this break all my game and I don't want to start everything from nothing.

And we finally need an option to stop the game to create those randoms...

Message 157 of 185 (898 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
Hi guys! I have been following this post for 3 days now, I have the same problem and I really don’t know what to do so... thanks for this post!
Anyway.... I understand that if you move an household from played to unplayed the error 102 occurs... dumb question now: if somehow I manage to recover my save from before the update and promise I won’t touch at all the “manage household”, will I still get the problem? I don’t want to progress with my legacy for one day and lose everything the day after!
Message 158 of 185 (895 Views)

★ Guide

BlackyVickers...I am playing with a recovered game.

I didn't touch any family in my "manage household" Screen.

With pets, without pets, with created pets, with adopted pets, with several families on Rotation...so far I am not having problems.

Message 159 of 185 (890 Views)

★★★ Novice
Sounds like music to my ears!
What about editing sims in CAS? Any problems after?
Message 160 of 185 (896 Views)