Re: Error 102/122

by Chatzhan

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I've FOUND THE EXACT CAUSE!

Good Lord above, but I finally can prove EXACTLY what is causing this error and it's a 2 pronged issue:

1st off: The new Pets Update changed the Manage Households Menu where having a total sims count above the set maximum would restrict the Player from certain Manage Households menu functions. Encouraging the Player to delete some households from the Manage Households menu.
See my full explanation in file 1-Fixing_Pets_Update_ManageHouseholdsMenu

BUT that isn't the CAUSE for the error! It is merely the reason why so many Simmers are having the error in the first place...

THE CAUSE FOR THE ERROR IS Deleting Played Households from the Manage Households Menu.

Other Simmers have brought up observation on deleting sims in a relationship panel.

I found that deleting a sim which is connected to other live sims is NOT a problem As Long as the sim is deleted in CAS mode.

But when a played sim is deleted FROM the Manage Households menu then the error occurs and can only be fixed by Recovering a save state predating the deletion of a played household from the Manage Households menu.

Unplayed households (as in having no relationship to any other sim) can be deleted from the manage households menu without causing the error.

Gameplay resumes as normal.

See my full explanation in file 2-Fixing_Pets_Update_Error

And you are welcome. And now you can show EA exactly what the cause is, please release a new patch soon!

Until then, good luck scanning your recovery files for a working save state simmers!

Message 141 of 185 (791 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ohmygosh.

I lost my original file 1 where I showed the comparison of the Manage Households Screen.

I am updating that picture belwo so you can see what I meant with the new Pets Update restricting Manage Households menu functions.

Standard smile

And now It is sooooo late in my half of the world... Good night all.

Message 142 of 185 (849 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Best thing to do right now is not delete a household. Im going to try to kill people in game and see what happens.

Message 143 of 185 (825 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Vanfreyr wrote:

Best thing to do right now is not delete a household. Im going to try to kill people in game and see what happens.

hello,

if u delete households the error 122 will pop up

Message 144 of 185 (810 Views)

★ Guide

I think my game is starting to cull (non-played) ghosts. At least I am getting game messages telling me that the link to this world is getting weaker.

Does anyone have experience with this? Will this cause  Error 102/122 in the end?

Message 145 of 185 (809 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Tahemet wrote:

I think my game is starting to cull (non-played) ghosts. At least I am getting game messages telling me that the link to this world is getting weaker.

Does anyone have experience with this? Will this cause  Error 102/122 in the end?

thats another issues 

Message 146 of 185 (803 Views)

Re: Error 102

★★★ Newbie

Me too! I really don't know what to do. I've tried everything I've seen on this problem, and nothing works. I really miss playing sims, someone please help!  

Message 147 of 185 (790 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm also having this issue.

I first experienced this issue in my save game while saving.  I didn't note the exact number at that time.  Upon reload, I kept on experiencing this issue, so I wondered if my lot was bugged.  I moved my save from Torrendi Tower in San Myshuno to Brindleton Bay.  I was able to play for a bit and save.  Upon reloading, however I got error code 102:70cf9a6:8998dd17 stating it is recommended that I relaunch the game.

I restarted the game, tried to reload, and got the same issue.

Then I noticed that I was at 80/80 sims, so I deleted unplayed families.  Still the same issue.

Quit again, tried to repair the game - Still the same issue.

Very reminiscent to my experience with the ghost culling issue a few years ago - wonder if the same fix will work?

I have no custom content and all the ea-made things.

Sent save game via box to ea.

Happy bug hunting.

Message 148 of 185 (774 Views)

Hero

@Tahemet wrote:

Nick explains ghosts here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16145194/#Comment_16145194

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 149 of 185 (752 Views)

★★ Novice

Since the latest patch, I've been having issues loading up my households. I both uninstalled and reinstalled my game and took all the broken cc out. Like the more columns mod and 3D eyelashes, I've spent hours looking through forums trying to fix the issue. But nothing is working for me, It's very frustrating because. I've never had this issue before. It seems like plenty of other people has had this problem. So hopefully we could find an issue or EA can fix this with a new patch. By the way, I don't have the new pack Cat's & Dogs 

This is what happens when I open my household, it goes to the loading screen, the plumbob spins, for a while then the screen goes a little dark. Then freezes and the plumbob spin's the game tries to load but then flashes to the map screen with, the error message.

Message 150 of 185 (741 Views)