Re: Error 102?

by Tahemet

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

The file is uploaded on Box-whats the name.

Message 21 of 185 (1,898 Views)

EA Sims Team

@FruUtter

Thank you for the save!  Do you still happen to have a copy of the old save?  (The one that you were using prior to the patch)

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 22 of 185 (1,890 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Crinrict,

I keep getting this error message "Unsupported extension type" when I try to attach my file. 

Message 23 of 185 (1,870 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

Same problem.

I have no old save file to try to see if pre-patch version is working.

A completely new game doesn't seem to have a problem. (only tried to enter 1-2 households)

the Sims count in the original game is wrong too. I have around 200 Sims but the game shows 385

Message 24 of 185 (1,852 Views)

Hero

@ewelings wrote:

Crinrict,

I keep getting this error message "Unsupported extension type" when I try to attach my file. 

Follow  @SimQARobo instructions on the last page. You can't attach them to your post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 185 (1,819 Views)

Load Error 102 after deleting Sim that shows up in relationship panel

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Check the relationship panel of your active Sim and note down a name. Go to Manage Worlds and delete the household of the noted down Sim. This is true for both My Households and Other Households.
What happens when the bug occurs? Trying to load the active household after deleting a Sim from the relationship panel will now bring up an 102 load error.
What do you expect to see? The game loading without issue and the deleted Sim being gone from the relationship panel.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. November 08 patch. Before that patch the game loaded without issues.

I'm not overly fond of randomly generated Sims and delete them all manually on a regular basis. After an new round of manual "culling," I wasn't able to load my game anymore.

I'll set my Maximum Sim Count down to 80 and will check if this also occurs if the Sims are removed by the game automatically.

Message 26 of 185 (1,771 Views)

★ Apprentice

The sim count is correct NOT INCLUDING the one in the oven.

I deleted my one pregnant sim and I can now get back into my households.

This could be very awkward if it's going to bork every time a sim gets knocked up.

(Just FYI, moving her out and into the unplayed households doesn't work.)

Message 27 of 185 (1,791 Views)

★★ Novice
Two Issues after patch: After the 11/7/17 update I had issues with the relationships for my Sims. All relationships in the worlds went to zero. I recovered a previous game and was able to go back to playing. Today, 11/8/17 I tried to play and I am getting the Error 102. I recovered older game files and the Error 102 is still an issue. Can’t enter any lots to edit or play any sims in any worlds.
Message 28 of 185 (1,782 Views)

★ Apprentice

For the 102 error - I had a pregnant sim when I installed the patch.

Deleting the pregnant sim got rid of the 102 error.

Moving the household into the library, deleting the household in-game, then moving in the library copy also got rid of the 102 error. Lost all their relationships, but got to keep the still-pregnant mama sim.

Message 29 of 185 (1,780 Views)

Re: Load Error 102 after deleting Sim that shows up in relationship panel

Hero

@lady8jane

merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 30 of 185 (1,746 Views)