Original Post

Accepted Solution

Error 102:70c7f9a5/122

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%) 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work Vampires City living Parenthood Get together
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Trying to play a household
What happens when the bug occurs? The loading screen turns dark and later on error 102 appears
What do you expect to see? Households should be playable
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest patch

Okay so after the new patch update I keep getting the error 102 when I try to play a household. I’ve repaired the game and took off some recent mods I downloaded to see if it would fix the problem, but of course it didn’t. I was wondering if anyone has a solution or if anyone else has the same problem?

Message 1 of 185 (9,028 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Error 102/122

[ Edited ]
Hero

There is a patch available now for this issue

Please all backup your saves and let us know how it goes.

I'm going to mark this as solution for now to increase visibility.

The notes can be found here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/929836/november-15-2017-patch-notes#latest

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 179 of 185 (7,857 Views)

All Replies

Re: Error 102?

★★ Novice

Not really the same problem but I just can't load it either. My households wont load.

Message 2 of 185 (8,899 Views)

★ Apprentice
Yea none of my households load up but I always get the error code after I try to load them
Message 3 of 185 (8,892 Views)

★★ Novice

I just tried trouble shooting the compatibility and it still didn't work. It was working yesterday and it started not working with the new update.

Message 4 of 185 (8,881 Views)

Hero

Hi @un1c0rn569

please remove ALL your mods

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 185 (8,846 Views)

Error 102

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

This is outrageous! It is not enough to have the Error Code 800, now AFTER INSTALLING the famous CAT&DOG pack I suddenly get this. "error code 102:70c7f9a6:e6aa41f3 SIMS4"!! 

Indeed, I did relounch the game with ALL the trimmings: exiting without saving, updating the game, repearing. NO results! Now I have lost hours of playing and I AM NOT able to save neither families nor houses!!

I do NOT have laptop, I have a computer that can accomodate any game. However, the question is will I ever learn to keep my hands off the new SIMS4 packs?!

Seeing that EA had known about the bug since 2014 it is appalling that the bug is still alive and kicking!!

Message 6 of 185 (8,838 Views)

Re: Error 102

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @FruUtter

I moved your post as the other instance of the issue was fixed a while ago. This seems to be something new causing the error.

You haven't stated if you're using any mods in your game ?

Do you have any Sims with the beloved trait ?

EDIT: Is this the same save you had the 800 lot troubles or a new one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 185 (8,826 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The same thing started happening to me after the patch. I was actually in game playing, attempted to switch households and the error popped up. This morning I went back in game and loaded a random household and it loaded. Tried switching households again, and the error popped up yet again. Currently in the queue to speak with a support agent about it. Very frustrating. 

Message 8 of 185 (8,822 Views)

Hero

No mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 185 (8,819 Views)

Re: Error 102

★★ Apprentice

No mods, No cc, no Moo. As I said, I do have the problem with Error code 800 and I have sent you files.

Now in addition the 102 error code appeared RIGHT AFTER I installed the pet-pack.

All my sims have the beloved trait yes.

Message 10 of 185 (8,806 Views)