Re: Entering power save mode

by TheSteamAtlas

Original Post

Entering power save mode

★★★★ Novice

This is a recent issue, and I cannot figure out why this happens, but my game will jump into power save mode and not recover for several minutes at a time, almost randomly. If it happens once, it'll continue happening, and this probably has something to do with my GPU because I still have sound. I use the GTX 660 which is supposed to be supported, and I'm pretty sure it gets enough power. I've tried everything, has anyone else had and solved this problem?

Message 1 of 5 (1,703 Views)

Uhh.... Sounds like the battery of you laptop is dead and it needs power?
I have never heared of a game going in to power save mode..... 

Could you explain some more?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 5 (1,699 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I use a desktop, so there would be no need for it, only EA games do this, I can run high performance games on my computerwithout issue but this game...

Message 3 of 5 (1,696 Views)

You could try this:

"Shut down the computer. Disconnect the power cables from both the monitor and the computer.
Disconnect the VGA cable, and reconnect the monitor to the computer via the DVI cable.
Press the power button for both the monitor and computer while unplugged to drain any remaining power.
Re-attach the power cables to both the monitor and the computer."

Source: http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-192788-lg-monitor-stays-in-power-saving-mode-help-me

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 5 (1,689 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This issue has never happened with my non-origin games, though I have origin in-game turned off, so that's not it.

I think it has something to do with my GPU, because when the PSM kicks in, the sound is still there, and when the PC recovers, sometimes it leaves a message saying something about how my GPU has "recovered". I swear Origin has something to do with this though, its taking up twice as much memory as Steam. Who knows what other * its messing with in the background.

Message 5 of 5 (1,658 Views)